Osmosis Lab Report
Dependent solution- the mass of the tube
Controlled Variables- the amount of water in the tube and the amount of solution in the cup
Steps to the Lab
2. Add 10mL of drinking water to the three tubes, then tie the other ends.
3. Add 200mL of original soda to one cup, 200mL of diet soda to another cup, and 200mL of purified water to another cup.
4. Measure the mass of the three tubes with the balance and write them down.
5. Place a tube in each cup.
6. Let them sit for 24 hours.
7. Remove tubes and remeasure them, copying down the new weights.
8. Make a data table showing the difference between the weights before and after sitting for 24 hours.