Welcome back to a brand new school year! We are SO excited to welcome back our current Mustangs and wish our NEW Mustangs a hearty, "Welcome to Mustang Country!" It's going to be a great year.
There are some very important items I need from all of our families prior to the first day of school: First, please make sure to verify your emergency contact list in Skyward and that it is up to date and has at least one person, other than yourself, listed that can pick up your child within 1 hour should they become ill or have an emergency.
Additionally in Skyward, there is information needed regarding medication, immunizations, etc. Scan the QR code below or go to this link: SKYWARD. On the PHM website, there are additional forms for photo consent, handbook certification, etc. The link for that is here: PHM Consent Forms. You can also scan the QR code below for that as well.
Once that is completed please complete this GOOGLE FORM.
We have several new staff faces at Mary Frank this school year, and these new folks will have some featured "bios" on our Mary Frank PTO page (see information below). But, these are the newest members of our staff family:
- Cindy Wallace, Exceptional Education Teacher (K-5)
- Loretta Elmerick, Health Aide
- Donna Groves, Food Services
- Jennifer Lambert, Teacher's Assistant
- Julie Ruppert, Educational Assistant
We're VERY excited to have our Back-2-School Night outside again this school year! It's on Monday, August 14th from 5-6 pm. Teachers will meet & greet behind the school. PTO, Scouts, and the Office Staff will be in the front of the school, along with Kona Ice! Kona Ice is for purchase and proceeds will go to the Mary Frank PTO. Please look for your child's teachers and their welcome tables by the color of the balloons:
1 - purple
2 - red
3 - green
4 - yellow
5 - orange
Early Learning Academy (ELA) - pink
We can't wait to see all of you!
ESS Hiring Event - Schmucker Middle School
Log in to Skyward Family Access to view your child's teacher for 2023-24.
Mary Frank Open House - K-5 - 5pm-6pm
This event will be held OUTSIDE! "Stations" will be set up around the building so that you can meet your child's teacher.
1st Day of School - Grade 1-5
Kindergarten Orientation - 9-10am (Students will NOT stay the whole day.)
Early Learning Academy Orientation - 10:30-11:30am
1st Day of School - Early Learning Academy and Kindergarten
PennPALS Open Houses (9-10am and 12:30-1:30pm)
Grades K, 2, & 4 - 5-5:30pm
Grades 1, 3, & 5 - 5:45-6:16pm
There are several documents below that will also help navigate transportation (bus or car rider). Please review our Pick Up and Drop Off procedures for Mary Frank.
Here is other important information regarding Transportation for this school year:
1. If you plan to be a bike rider, please see the Bike Riding Permission Slip (attached)
2. If you plan to be a car rider and you have had a number assigned to you, that number is the same and you can use your same plaques. If you are new to car riding, please stop by the office table at back to school night or stop by the office during school hours and we can have one assigned to you. After the original tags are issued, replacement tags will be $5.00 each.
3. Please communicate with your child's teacher ON or BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL what your student's mode of transportation home will be ie. Car Rider, Bus Rider, Kids Club. This will be your primary mode of transportation meaning this is the way your child will go home the majority of the time. You will need to send a note to your teacher or the office if you would like to have your student go home a different way on a given day. All transportation changes must be made by 1:30pm.
4. Students are allowed to go with other students on their bus or as a car rider. However, a note is needed from both sets of parents/guardians. A copy will be given to the bus driver.
5. Barring a true emergency, there will be NO TRANSPORTATION changes taken after 1:30pm each day.
School Fees Information
For more information, visit the PHM Website page here: https://www.phmschools.org/district-info/fee-information
Parents with students in Early Learning Academy or PennPALS do have feels and those fees can be paid through e~funds for Schools. For more information, visit the PHM website page here: https://www.phmschools.org/parents/pay-fees-online
The prices of breakfast and lunch for the 2023-24 school year are as follows:
Middle and High School $1.60
Reduced students $.30
Middle and High School 2.60
Reduced students $.40
You can add money via the app School Cafe or by sending money clearly marked with your student's name, grade, and teacher to the office.
Click below to learn about the SchoolCafe App:
If you would like to visit your child during their lunch, you may do so by calling the office to make a reservation. We have very limited space in our cafeteria so we ask that you do this in order to ensure we are not overcrowded. Our food service regulations also prohibit any outside food or drink (i.e. McDonald's) brought in during lunch. Please make a lunch visit a special occasion rather than a routine. Thank you.
Lunch times are as follows:
Early Learning Academy & Kindergarten - 11-11:30am
1st & 2nd Grades - 12:15-12:45pm
3rd & 4th Grades - 12:50-1:20pm
5th Grade - 11:40am-12:10pm
A Note from PTO
We are looking forward to seeing all of our Mustangs at Back-to-School night on Monday, August 14th from 5:00-6:00pm! Please be sure to stop by the PTO table to sign-up for volunteer opportunities.
Kona Ice will be on-site during Back-to-School night, as well! A portion of the sales come directly back to our school. Thank you in advance for supporting PTO through this Give Back opportunity!
Klassic - $3.00
King - $4.00
Kowabunga - $5.00
Coloring Changing - $5.00
Kollectable - $6.00
Be sure to like us on Facebook for updates and announcements or email us at MFMustangsPTO@gmail.com.
We are excited for a great 202-2024 school year!
Paige Donati & Lyn Yoder, Co-Presidents
Samantha Camarillo, Secretary
OPEN - Treasurer
Melisssa Campbell, Art Smart
Jess De Fauw, Spirit Wear