Contributions to the Civil War
- Was taught to always be respectful to blacks, as his dad was a strong abolitionist
- Had little formal education
- Was taught to ''fear god and keep his commandments''
- He was a friend of a slave, and he saw how he was beaten which most likely sparked his hatred towards slave owners and slave supporters
- Was 12 when the war of 1812 started.
- Had 20 kids, and 9 died at a young age
- He was hung after his raid on Harpers Ferry
Contributions to the Civil War and Accomplishments
- He enforced the freedom of slaves (abolishing of slavery)
- He helped slaves escaping through the underground railroad
- During his raid he freed 5 slaves
- Strengthened the idea of abolishing slavery