August 20, 2021
Our mission: We are a community of learners inspiring each child to explore, grow, and achieve.
Message from the Principal
Dear Hebron Families,
Monday our 1st and 2nd Graders start school. We are so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please communicate with your child's teacher indicating your child's dismissal plans if you have not already done so.
Remember, buses can run late on the first day of school. Please be patient. If your child is riding a bus, remember they must wear a mask on the bus.
If you are dropping your child off in the morning, and you want to take pictures in the front of the school, you will need to park in the parking lot. If you are dropping off, please stay in your car, and let your child out near the center door.
Pick-ups you must remain in your car. If you are walking to pick up your child, they will be a walker and dismissed around 3:30.
We also post the newsletter on our website, Facebook and the teacher should Dojo you the newsletter weekly.
In this together!
23- 1st day of school for 1st and 2nd grade
26- 1st day Kindergarten
6- No School
17- Picture Day
22- Two hour delay - School opens at 10:30am
21-22 Covid Protocols
We are looking forward to seeing students in our classrooms in a few weeks. We know you all have questions about what this year will look like for students and staff with the ever-changing guidance from multiple agencies.
Here’s what you can expect for the start of school at Lakewood.
First and foremost, we will return to in-person learning 5 days a week. Our goal is to keep our students in front of our teachers because we know that best supports student development.
To support that, the following protocols are in place:
- Continue to monitor students for symptoms. If your child is sick, please keep them home.
- Masks are optional, but recommended by the ODH and LCHD, for students and staff. The one exception is that the CDC is requiring all individuals on school buses wear masks.
- Social distancing will be done to the greatest extent possible.
- Seating charts will be used in all areas because contact tracing is still required.
- Enhanced cleaning will take place in all buildings.
- Frequent handwashing and hand sanitizing will be encouraged.
- Sneeze and cough etiquette will be taught and emphasized.
- Students and staff should bring water bottles to school and use the bottle fillers in each building.
- Any student or staff member who tests positive for COVID-19, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, will be required to isolate per the LCHD.
- Any student or staff member deemed a ‘close contact’ to an individual testing positive for COVID-19 will be reported to the LCHD. The LCHD will contact all ‘close contacts’ to inform them of the need to quarantine or not.
Please understand that should an increase in COVID-19 cases occur, additional mitigation strategies may be implemented to help keep students and staff safe.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Daily Schedule Overview
8:30- School doors open
8:50 Tardy Bell
3:15- Dismissal begins
If you plan to provide transportation to/from school for your child, please note our drop-off time is no earlier than 8:30 a.m. No staff members will be on duty for parent drop-off before 8:30 a.m. If you arrive before then, you must wait.
After 8:50, please drop your child off near the office doors so they can buzz in. They will go straight to the office to get their tardy pass.
Because of safety and limited visitor restrictions, families will not be able to enter the buildings with students. Thanks in advance for your understanding in this matter.
Upon arrival each day, all students will go directly to their homerooms. Breakfast is available for free for students to take to their classrooms.
Lunch- Lunches are free this year. Students may either get a lunch or pack. Students will have assigned seats in the lunchroom.
Recess is scheduled after lunch each day. Grade levels will have rotating recess zones.
Dismissal is set to begin at 3:15 for all students.
Pick up and drop off by parents will take place in front of the school at the middle doors with the ramp. The busses are located around the back and east side of the building. No traffic is allowed in the bus area between 8:15 – 9:00 and 2:45 – 3:45.
Any student signed out before 3:15 will be considered an early dismissal and this will count towards perfect attendance and total absenteeism/ truancy figures. In order to take advantage of every minute of instruction for our students, parents are asked to refrain from signing out students early except in the case of an emergency or medical appointment. Parents are asked to schedule appointments, whenever possible, at times that do not negatively impact their child’s attendance. Parents will NOT be admitted to the building to wait for pick-up students.
All student pick-ups HAVE to be picked up in a car. We cannot permit parents walking up to pick-up students from the side walk.
We'll do our best to create a smooth routine but thanks in advance for your patience in the first few days of school as we figure it all out together. Drive safely!
Free and Reduced Lunch Forms
Free and Reduced Lunch form: https://www.lakewoodlocal.k12.oh.us/Downloads/Free%20and%20Reduced%20Lunch%20Application%2021-22.pdf
Although all students will continue to receive free meals (breakfast and lunch) for the 2021-2022 school year, we ask that anyone that may qualify fill out the form. The district receives additional funding from the state and federal governments that directly benefit students based on the percentage of students who qualify.
This form must also be completed to determine if your child qualifies for a fee waiver. Please complete the form and return it to the school office by August 27, 2021.
We need you to complete the annual update of your student’s records online. It is extremely important that we have updated contact information for each student. Please follow the directions below.
This will open a new window to the “Lakewood Local One View Portal”
You will then create a login name and password for yourself using your student’s ID #. If you have done this step before and need to retrieve your existing login or password, please call the office and we can help you.
If you need further assistance please call 740-928-2661.
- Backpacks- If you need a backpack, please let the school know.
- Birthdays- Food is not permitted to celebrate birthdays. You may send in items such as pencils, stickers, bookmarks, etc. We do read your child's name over our morning annoucements, students receive a birthday book.
- BREAKFAST IS SERVED AT 8:30AM in the classroom: Breakfast is free.
- Bus: You should receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a parent portal to view bussing information and communicate directly with transportation. Please make sure to create an account.
- Car Riders: If your child is a car rider, please REMAIN in your car.
- Class lists –will not be posted. Your child’s teacher has provided a letter in this information.
- Dismissal: Dismissal is at 3:15 for pick-ups. Walkers are dismissed at 3:30. Buses begin to be called from 3:15-3:40 depending on arrival. Please make sure your child's teacher knows how he/she is getting home and proper arrangements have been made on the first day of school. It would help to have a note to the teacher on the first day as to how your child will be getting home. If you are picking up students by car, line up on Deacon street, but come by way of Hamilton Avenue.
- We will not make dismissal changes based on a child's request, we must get a note, or phonecall from a parent.
- Dismissal Changes-Student dismissal plans or changes should be submitted to the school secretary in writing or by phone before 2:30 p.m.
- Dress Code – Please DO NOT have your child wear flip flops or slides to school.
- Kindergarten Appointments – August 23-25. You should have a time already scheduled. If you do not, please contact Hebron Elementary to set up your appointment.
- Masks- Masks are optional in the school building for students and staff. However, any student riding the bus must have a mask on.
- Parent Newsletters – future newsletters will be emailed via OneView. If you haven’t updated your forms for this year, please be sure your numbers and email are correct to receive notifications. Directions how to do this are under Update Forms in this newsletter.
- Visitors-Because we are so adamant about making sure your child is safe, we ask that you and all visitors go directly to the office when you enter the building. Due to the increased health concerns this year, visitors may be asked to wait at the door while we manage your request.
- School supplies – a list is in this letter by grade level and on our website and mailed with your welcome teacher letter.
- School Arrival Time: No child should be at school prior to 8:30 am and will not be admitted into the building before 8:30am.
- SCHOOL STARTS AT 8:50am SHARP. If you bring your child in at 8:51am, your child will be considered late and they will need to report to the office for a tardy slip. Parents, every minute counts! Please have your child to school on time, and please be mindful to minimize early leaves. House Bill 410 counts every minute and we want your child to have a great attendance record.
- Student Pick Up: Please have a picture ID available each time you wish to pick up your child during school hours. Those picking up students must be on the child’s registration or emergency information. This is for the safety and protection of your children. Thank you for your understanding.
Clasroom Teacher Emails
Make sure you also check our Hebron Facebook page, we put a lot of information up on the website.
Hebron Office Staff
Mrs. Henry-Principal (email@example.com)
Mr. Scott Coffey- Dean of Students (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mrs. Melissa Harkness- Secretary (email@example.com)
Mrs. Bethany White-Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mrs. Cheryl Weaver- School Counselor (email@example.com)
Mrs. Amy Morrison-District Nurse (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mrs. Debbie Miller-Hebron Clinic Aide (email@example.com)