Academic Awards Ceremony
Tuesday, November 2, 2021
Thank you for joining us to honor students who have earned high academic achievements. While the students do the lion’s share of the work, it is the support of parents, guardians, and community that helps them sustain their efforts.
ACADEMIC LETTER CRITERIA
- A student must be enrolled at Smithville High School by the end of the first quarter of the current year.
- A student must be classified as a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior. He/she must be enrolled in four (4) courses from the areas of Math, Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, CAPS (counts as 1 course), NCC (counts as 1 course), Project Lead the Way (PLTW), &/or Foreign Language (III, IV, or V level) and must be enrolled in a total of six (6) courses each semester.
- The student must have maintained an A- average (3.667 GPA), based on an average of S1 and S2 GPA for the current school year.
- An Academic letter will be awarded to those students eligible for an initial Academic Letter. A bar(pin) will be awarded after receiving an initial Academic Letter.
Sophomore Academic Letters
Junior Academic Letters and Pins
Senior Academic Letters and Pins
Criteria for the AP Scholars, Scholar with Honor, and Scholar with Distinction Awards
AP Scholar: Granted to students who receive scores of 3 or higher on three or more AP exams
- AP Scholar with Honor: Granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.25 on all AP Exams taken, AND scores of 3 or higher on four or more of these exams
- AP Scholar with Distinction: Granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, AND scores of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams