MVESC Technology Talk
Teacher Professional Development Opportunity
Big Ideas 4 Little Learners
Big Ideas 4 Little Learners will help you enhance the learning experiences of the youngest students through weekly video conference professional development. This professional development series is designed specifically for teachers and administrators in preK-3rd grade classrooms.
These interactive PD sessions are offered weekly from 4-5 p.m. EST. You may attend from your home school or at the Muskingum Valley ESC Zanesville Office. Teachers and early childhood staff will have the opportunity to gain research-based practices from one or all sessions.
Do you need graduate credit, continuing education hours or even “Step Up to Quality” time? No problem! This series has it all. Contact Leslie Charles to see what educational opportunities are available to you and your staff.
- MVESC Distance Learning Members can attend Big Ideas 4 Little Learners sessions for FREE!
- Graduate credit option available through Muskingum University
- Non-member schools can attend via video conference for a per-building site fee of $85.00.
- Graduate Registration Deadline: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2014
DON'T FORGET about our upcoming student special: "Spider Insider"
Special multipoint connection for PreK and KDG students.
Come one, come all, if you dare. Spiders, spiders, EVERYWHERE! This interactive lesson is perfect for fall holiday integration. PreK-K students will enjoy music, literature, and science all wrapped into 1 fun and interactive lesson. Spider Insider includes activities that practice letter recognition, rhyming words, sorting /classifying, and fine motor skills. Don’t miss the opportunity to explore these creepy crawlers with a bad reputation!
Here is a brief list of topics explored during this program:
1. Program begins by showing students the letter “s” and discussing the sound it makes
2. Group discussion/brainstorm “How are spiders and insects different?”
3. Story time – I knew an Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly
4. Identify rhyming words
5. Identify and recall story order
6. Sorting/classification activity
7. Group craft time– under, over, and through (making spider webs)
- All multi-point connections are limited to two classrooms and schools MUST supply us with a static IP# with which we may connect.
- Cost is $115.00 per connecting site.
- There is a 30-student maximum per site. Overage fees and additional kit fees will apply to schools that go over the session maximum.
- 10/27/2014 - (10:00am EST); (1:00pm EST)
- 10/28/2014 - (10:00am EST); (1:00pm EST)
- 10/29/2014 - (10:00am EST); (1:00pm EST)
- 10/30/2014 - (9:15am EST); (10:15am EST); (1:00pm EST)
- 10/31/2014 - (9:15am EST); (10:15am EST); (1:00pm EST)
Please note: This multi-point lesson (two sites each session) is ONLY available at the posted dates and times.