LPS Elementary Weekly Newsletter
March 24, 2023
Reminders for finishing the year!
- School starts at 7:55. Students must be in their seat in order to not be counted tardy. We will close the outside doors at 7:53. After that all students will need to go through the office for a tardy slip.
- Once you drop your child off please proceed to continue to move forward so that the drop off line keeps moving. We want all students to be on time and not slow down the process.
- Remember that all students need to be picked up by 3:45
Leader in Me Parent Survey
We would love for you to complete our parent survey for Leader in Me. The link will be available until April 14th. Thank you for taking the time to help make us better.
Chick Fil A ordering Open
Chick-fil-a ordering is now open for April. The dates it will be served are: Mondays- 04/03, 04/10, 04/17, 04/24; Fridays- 04/14, 04/21, 04/28. Please visit myschoolbucks.com to order. Be sure to select the correct student and day when ordering. Changes can not be made and there are no refunds.
End of the 3rd Nine Weeks
K-1 will bring home their hard copy skills checklist.
Grades 2-4 report cards will be posted in Ascender.
Award ceremonies for the 3rd nine weeks will be held on Thursday, March 30th.
1st Grade - 8:05am
3rd Grade - 9:15am
4th Grade - 10:25am
2nd Grade - 1:05pm
Kindergarten - 2:15pm
Click on the link to pre-register for the awards ceremony.
Lunch With A Loved One
- Lunch With a Loved One: This is a chance for parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc. to come have lunch with the elementary student(s) as well as shop the Scholastic Book Fair which closes on Thursday the 21st. To help prevent overcrowding, we have divided up our families alphabetically. (If you ordered hot lunch for your child, it will still be available; otherwise you might want to cancel your order in advance.) Elementary students only. Secondary students will not be called.
- Times will be from 11am-12:00pm each day. Please plan on coming as close to 11am as possible so you have time to eat and shop. You don’t have to wait for their regular lunchtime so you can have all your children at once. Please pre-register so we know who will be attending. Lines will be longer if you don't pre-register.
- Tuesday, 4/4 – for families with last names A-I (pre-register)
- Wednesday, 4/5 – for families with last names J-R (pre-register)
- Thursday, 4/6 – for families with last names S-Z (pre-register)
- We hope the weather cooperates so you can picnic or tailgate outside. We will have some tables and chairs available under the porte cochere as well but not enough for everyone. If the weather doesn’t cooperate, we will move the fun indoors to the Power Plant and the Student Auditorium.
Field Day is Coming
The official date is Friday, April 28th if the weather is bad, our rain out day is May 19th.
2nd, 3rd & 4th grade time is 9:00-11:30
Kinder & 1st grade time is 12:15-1:45
More details to come as it gets closer
Friday Enrichment Program- Fall 2023
Hello I am Kelly Skinner at Student Enrichment Services, and my team is working on determining how we can academically support our students this fall on Fridays and still give them a “break” day that is not daycare. The goal is to encourage a love of learning and a growth mindset among our students, while having fun doing all the things we enjoy, like science experiments, creating art, writing our own books, learning a new sport like Cricket, and whatever draws and keeps the interest of our students.
Registration for Enrichment Friday this fall is now open, and it will be on a 1st come basis. Click on the link here to get your registration started.
The Friday fee will be $30 for a regular (7:30 - 3:30) day, and $35 for an extended (7:30 - 6:00) day. On the recent questionnaire about who needed help on Friday there were about 280 students with interest. We will need to get students registered this March and April so we can determine how many team members to hire. Once the program needs and staffing are determined, you will pay a deposit to hold your spot, probably the beginning of May. This $60 deposit can be applied to your 1st month of Enrichment Fridays. More information is available on the website. We will provide a sibling preference, so please make sure you register each student you would like to attend on Fridays. If you have any questions please send an email to email@example.com. I hope this has been helpful for you. Thank you so much, looking forward to hearing from you, and seeing your students in the fall! Have a great day!
1st Grade Concert
CALLING ALL 1ST GRADE FAMILIES!
Our 1st graders are presenting their concert- HERE WE GO! A Transportation Celebration
on Thursday, April 13th at 6:30PM in the Elementary Student Auditorium. Doors open at 6:00.
More Information to Come:
Scholastic Book Fair April 3-April 6
No School April 7
Bad Weather Make Up Day- Must come to school Monday April 10
In and Out Burger April 12
Progress Reports Go Home April 26
Teacher Appreciation Week May 1- May 5