Adding Mixed Numbers
What are we learning?
Content Objective: Students will add and subtract rational numbers (fractions) fluently. (5.3K)
Language Objective: Students will write how they would add mixed numbers with uncommon denominators. (Learning Strategies 1A)
- What if the denominators are uncommon?
- Why do we need common denominators?
- How do we know when we are finished simplifying?
1. Open math tools in another window of your browser.
2. Open your math book to pages 407-409
3. Watch the video
4. Complete the examples while watching the video.
5. Pause the video when you need more time. The link to the video is below.