Secondary School Problems
Resolving conflicts around school.
- A conflict is a situation in which one or more parties feel threatened.
- Conflicts will stay with us until we face them and find a resolution.
- We react to conflicts based on our perceptions which can be influenced by life experiences, cultures, values, and beliefs.
- Conflicts trigger strong emotions, you must be able to manage them in times of stress.
- Conflicts are an opportunity for growth, resolving one builds trust and lets you know that your relationship can survive challenges and disagreements.
Common Conflicts in School:
Types of Conflict:
Conflict within yourself.
Conflict between two people.
e.g. Boxing match
Conflict with authorities.
e.g. Arguing with your teacher
Conflict with those who have broken the law.
e.g. Police officers vs. Robbers
Conflict within a nation.
e.g. Government parties
Conflict between nations.
e.g. World Wars
Conflict with nature.
e.g. Natural disasters
Conflict with machines.
e.g. Car won't start