SOLANA HIGHLANDS FRIDAY FOCUS
Aug. 23, 2013 (Vol. 1)
"Love and nurture your students, everything else is just details." Kevin Honeycutt
- Congratulations - to the Kindergarten team for their cohesive and great BTSN presentations.
- To the entire staff - For getting the school ready for each of our students. Everything we do should communicate excellence, and your hard work definitely exemplifies this!
- Go Teams! - Thank you to everyone working together, especially helping our new staff get their classrooms set up and ready to go.
- Summer Task Force - Thank you to Kristie, Johanna, Donna, Marci, Ellen, Debbie K., Kimberly M., Tari, Christine, and Katy. Your work on the Scope and Sequence for Math is so valued.
- 21st Century Learning - Thank you to Tarri and Ellen for presenting at Professional Development Days!
- Matt Frumovitz - It's been great having his assistance in getting the school year rolling. He is hardworking, thoughtful, and cares deeply about each of you and our students!
- To Kathy, Judy, Mario, and Paul - for going above and beyond to have all students placed in classes and creating an environment that is great for all
- Happy Birthday to all of our Summer Birthdays - Kristie, Jen, Jessica, Kumud, Joe, Jenelle, Paula, Donna, Mario, Marci, Emily, Anna, Johanna, Melinda
- Behavior Expectation Assemblies - Grades 3 & 4 - 1:10, Grades 1 & 2 - 1:45
- Back to School Night - 8-29 (grades 3 & 4 5:30, grades 1 & 2 - 6:30)
- Articulation Meetings - Handout with directions and times will be put in your boxes
- Copier - If you have any problems with copying see Hollis or Kathy. Electricians should have the shorting issue addressed today. One is working currently.
- Campus Security - Continue to be vigilant on locking doors, putting down blinds, checking to make sure doors latch behind you, signing in and out, etc. On Wednesday, a handful of doors were left open.
- Summer Reading Logs - If students give you a Summer Reading Log, please turn into the office by Friday.
- PTA - We still need a teacher to attend PTA meetings 1x a month (Bonus: You get a half day Guest Teacher on meeting days).
- Sienna's Playgarden - It would be great if we could show Solana Highland's love and support for Jen Palkovic by walking in the 5K Run/Walk to help revitalize their neighborhood park in her daughter's memory. Register at: www.SiennasPlayGarden.IsabellasGiraffeClub.org
HAVE A WONDERFUL AND RELAXING WEEKEND, ALL OF YOU DESERVE IT AFTER THE WORK YOU'VE DONE TO PREPARE FOR OUR BEAUTIFUL STUDENTS!
Empathy: The Most Important Back-to-School Supply
The following is an article that reminds us that the most important back-to-school supply doesn't fit in a backpack, and it can't be ordered online. It's as essential as a pencil, but unlike a pencil, no technology can replace it. In a sense, like a fresh box of crayons, it can come in many colors. Better than the latest gadget, it's possible to equip every student with it, and even better, when we do, it can transform our world. It's one of the many things that Solana Highlands models so well; empathy.
Who Am I?
Who Am I?
- I was born in Japan
- My first language was Russian and then Japanese
- My first career was a paralegal for 10 years
- As a teenager I was very athletic, but there were no teams for girls. ):