Digital Learning News 11-8-16
from the Digital Learning Team
iPad & Airwatch Changes You Need to Know
Any app that was previously downloaded from the BISD App Catalog or purchased apps that were pushed to the device automatically may be removed from the device. Any in-app data (settings within an app, iMovie project files, Explain Everything project files, etc.), will be lost if not backed up first. After the apps are removed, they can be downloaded again from the BISD App Catalog. You can expect apps that were downloaded from the BISD App Catalog or pushed to the device to disappear from the device during that week.
What do I need to do?
- Prior to November 14th, backup any in-app data in apps that were downloaded from the BISD App Catalog such as iMovie, Explain Everything, Chatterpix, Vidra, & My Storybook Maker School Edition. Most of these can be saved to the camera roll or exported to your Google Drive account.
- Open the BISD App Catalog and re-download any app that was removed from the device.
Please contact your Digital Learning Specialist if you need any assistance!
Skyward Unavailable on 11-13-16
After all of the Skyward updates have been installed the version mumber on all login screens should be 05.16.10.00.03. The current version is 05.16.06.00.12.
Mark Your Calendar – Google’s Online Conference It Takes a Teacher
Register today for a free online conference presented by Google for Education on Saturday, December 3, 2016. Learn from over 100 sessions led by other educators. Learn new approaches & celebrate that #ItTakesATeacher.
You will have the opportunity to:
• Engage with other educators and school leaders to share with and learn from each other.
• Hear from inspiring speakers like Linda Darling-Hammond, Jennie Magiera, Kevin Brookhouser and many more.
• Explore the latest Google product news and get tips and tools from educators.
In the meantime, check out Google’s It Takes a Teacher page where you can share your stories with the hashtag #ItTakesATeacher.
In the coming weeks we’ll be sending you updates on the 100+ speakers and sessions. Stay tuned!
December 2 - 3, 2016
Day and Time:
Friday - Saturday, December 2-3, 2016
Start on Friday – December 2 at 4:00 PM
End on Saturday – December 3 at 5:00 PM
Online (Details to come)
Sessions around the clock, around the world
REGISTER NOW to get your spot and receive updates about the online conference right in your inbox.
Digital Learning Team Contacts
We're here to help and learn with you!
Kelli Montgomery @KelliM11, Director of Digital Learning
Cheryl McKnight @cherylmck, Coordinator of Digital Learning
ELEMENTARY TEAM MEMBERS:
Birdville, WT Francisco, Binion, Mullendore, Snow Heights, Porter
Smithfield, Cheney, Stowe, Watauga, North Ridge, Walker Creek
David E Smith, Richland, West Birdville, Holiday Heights, Hardeman, ACFT
Jennifer Miller @steamlearnlab, Learning Resources Specialist, Green Valley Spicer, Foster Village
SECONDARY TEAM MEMBERS:
Haltom HS, Haltom MS, Richland MS, North Ridge MS, North Oaks MS
Richland HS, Birdville HS, Shannon HS, Watauga MS
Karen Teeters @karenteeters222, Online Learning Specialist, All Middle and High Schools