Florida Band & Choir Trip
Williamsburg High School Music Department
2013-2014 School Year
- Students in band and choir have the opportunity to participate in two fundraisers to use toward the Florida Trip
Fall of 2014
- An informational meeting will be held for parents and students. Information on price, dates, fundraising, itinerary, etc. will be provided at this time.
2014-2015 School Year
- Students will be given the opportunity to participate in two more fundraisers to use toward the Florida Trip.
March of 2015
- Pending school board approval, we leave for Florida!!
What We Can Tell You Now
- Pending school board approval, we plan to take our trip in March of 2015
- Past trips have been about one week long (leave on Wednesday and return on Tuesday). This is subject to change depending on decisions about the 2014-2015 school calendar.
- All band and choir students in grades 9-12 in the 2014-2015 school year are eligible and encouraged to attend.
- The music trip is a way for students to perform in a non-traditional setting. Our last trip provided an opportunity for students to also learn about the process of adding music to film and to work with a Disney music professional.
- We will be receiving bids from multiple travel companies and will be selecting the best option by the end of this year.
What We Can't Tell You...Yet
- Price: We hesitate to give even an estimated price as cost could have fluctuated dramatically over the past four years (price of gas, park admission, hotel rates, etc.). We will know the estimated price once we have received bids from the various travel companies.
- Exact dates: We are working with our school board and administration to schedule the exact trip dates. The time-frame will be communicated to parents in the Fall of 2015.
More Information Coming Soon!
We will be having an informational meeting for parents and students in the Fall of 2015. At that time we will have many more details on price, dates, itinerary, etc.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your child's ensemble director.