Back to School Edition
Meet the Team!
The Instructional Technology Department is responsible for coordinating, organizing, and facilitating the effective use and integration of technology within the schools in order to increase student performance.
Instructional Technology Coaches
Carol Tarnowski - Library Media Technology Coach
Deborah Hargroves - Media and Broadcast Trainer (part-time)
Amanda Williams - Media Support Assistant (912) 395-1124
Wendy Marshall - Program Manager
Let's Get Organized
A new school year brings about many demands on your time so taking time now to get organized will help in the long run. The Instructional Technology Department wants to help so here are a few things for you to consider.
1. Classroom Website: There are several options and the requirements vary from school to school. Our department supports Weebly and Oaktree. Use the links provided for instructions. WEEBLY OAKTREE. If you need guidance on what your website should include, here is a great resource.
2. Parent Communication: Positive communication between parents and teachers helps improve academic performance. You may want to consider using either of the following:
3. Learning Management System (LMS): LMS is a software application or web-based technology used for creating, managing, distributing and evaluating learning processes. Look over the list and plan to incorporate one for this school year.
4. Classroom Management: Teachers play various roles in the classroom and one of the most important is classroom manager. Effective learning and teaching cannot take place in a poorly managed classroom. Implementing a classroom management plan early can help ensure a positive and effective classroom. Here are a few suggestions:
5. Google Forms: Google Forms is a great way to gather and organize beginning of the year data. Here are a few ideas...
- Open House Parent Sign-In
- Student Survey - Getting to Know You
- Grade Level Teacher Survey - goals, topics of discussion, etc.
- Electronic Reading Records
- Parent Conference Sign-up
- Tutorial Sign-up
- Create a Story
Tutorials for Getting Started
Get Started Now ...
1- Digital Citizenship: Common Sense Media has lessons and other resources to assist as you help students navigate the world of technology in a responsible manner.
2- Keyboarding Practice: There are several options here to review.
3- Google Drive 30 Day Challenge for Teachers: If you need a refresher about some of the capabilities of Google Drive, take the Challenge!
- Alexander Roth
- Aida Avendano
- Elaine Hoffman
- Judith Wiser
- Lynn Bigbie
- Dru Piersol
- Yolanda Sanders
- Libby Miller
- Natalie Muthersbaugh
- Gillian Riley
- Angie LaPlante
Many have accepted the Twitter challenge and are just Tweets away from earning their badge! Finish your Summer Twitter Challenge Here!
Free Online Google Conference
Saturday, Aug. 13th, 10am-3:30pm
This is an online event.
PD credit is not available.
Going Google: How to Use Google Tools in Your Classroom