November 19, 2021
NEWS FROM WERNER
Thank you for giving!
Thanks so much for your generous giving in this past week for our Meals that Matter and Turkey Roundup! Because of your generosity, we were able to provide 13 families with a meal for Thanksgiving and donated over 60 turkeys to Larimer County Food Bank.
Meals available Nov. 22 and 23
Due to the fall break extension, schools will not be open Monday, Nov. 22, and Tuesday, Nov. 23. Free meals will still be available to students on those days. Please see below for meal service information.
Customer pick up locations:
Meal service is 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Poudre High School, 201 Impala Dr., Fort Collins (serving location is outside the far west side of building outside cafeteria)
- Rocky Mountain High School, 1300 W. Swallow, Fort Collins (serving location is outside the main entrance parking lot)
- Fossil Ridge High School, 5400 Zeigler Rd., Fort Collins (serving location is outside west side of building in staff parking lot)
- Fort Collins High School, 3400 Lambkin Way, Fort Collins (serving location is outside the main school entrance)
- Eyestone Elementary School, 4000 Wilson Ave., Wellington (serving location is the driveway outside the west side of the school)
Bus delivery locations:
Meal service is 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. (noon)
- Timber Ridge Timber Ridge South at the mailboxes
- Blue Spruce 1550 Blue Spruce North of Transform Stop
- Hickory 400 Hickory St at the office
- Aire Park Airpark & South Court St.
- Boxelder Boxelder between Locust & Birch
- 2025 N. College Playground
- 2500 Harmony Clubhouse
- Cache La Poudre Elementary Parking Lot
- Mountain Range Shadows
- 401 N. Timberline
Book Fair Coming Soon!
Our Book Fair is right around the corner! All profits from this Book Fair are going to the Media Center Update Fund! Get a preview of the books that will be available here: https://bookfairsfiles.scholastic.com/flippingbooks/F21-2-ES-Case-Booklist/F21_2_ES_Case_Booklist.html#p=1
Kids will have an opportunity to shop on their lunch breaks, so sign them up for the eWallet (set up here: Scholastic.com/bf/wernerelementaryschool ) or send money to school with them if you feel comfortable.
Shopping days/ hours for families are as follows:
Tuesday, November 30, After School 3:30pm - 5:00pm
Wednesday, December 1, Before School 8:00am - 8:45am
Thursday, December 2, After School 3:30pm - 5:00pm
Friday, December 3, Before School 8:00am - 8:45am
The Giving Tree
A Note from Our Health Office
Students who develop COVID-like symptoms while at school will need to go home. This includes: new or worsening cough, upset stomach, sore throat, runny nose, congestion, and headache. Some of these symptoms overlap with other health conditions such as seasonal allergies or anxiety. If your student has a known health condition, it needs to be documented with a note from a medical provider and turned in to the Health Office in order for your student to remain at Werner with these symptoms. You can look up the health conditions on record for your child by logging in to ParentVue, click on ‘Health’, then click on ‘Health Conditions’.
"Return to Learn" Guidance
If your child is experiencing illness symptoms, please refer to the CDPHE Return to Learn Guidance for helpful pointers as to whether your child can return to school or not.
Library Volunteers Needed!
The Werner library is excited to welcome back our seasoned volunteers and bring new ones on board! We would love your help shelving books and performing other library tasks anytime throughout the school day. We are happy to accommodate all schedules and availability.
Please email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
If you’re yet not in the PSD Volunteer system, sign up here:
Due to the district’s covid restrictions, volunteers must also sign up here this year:
All volunteers must wear a mask while inside a PSD building.
NEWS FROM WERNER PTA
Werner Weekly 11.19
Werner Cares & Shares Giving Tree
This year Werner would like to continue the tradition of the GIVING TREE. PTA will purchase gift cards for families during the holiday season. If your family would like to help our community, please send a check made out to Werner PTA or cash in a labeled envelope. If you wish to use online payment, PTA has set up a PayPal account just for the Giving Tree.
If your family needs help this holiday season, please contact Julie Flemister or Jenny Whetsell at 488-5550. All information is kept confidential, so please do not hesitate to call.
Werner Dines Out
Modern Market Eatery | November 18 | 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
30% of orders will be given to Werner. Use code GIVEBACK034 if ordering online.
Upcoming General Meeting
Tuesday, January 11 | 6 pm | Werner Elementary
November Book Club
Still time to read November’s Book! “Apples Never Fall” by Liane Moriarty. Register to join us here.
Book Club Meeting | Saturday, December 4th | 9:30 – 11 a.m. | Location TBD
From Liane Moriarty, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Big Little Lies and Nine Perfect Strangers, comes Apples Never Fall, a novel that looks at marriage, siblings, and how the people we love the most can hurt us the deepest.
PTA Spirit Wear
Like our Cool PTA Mom tees? The Werner PTA has designed some Grownup Tees and Coffee Mugs for purchase to show your PTA spirit!
Follow us on Facebook to stay engaged with School Events and see what the PTA is up to at the school.
FREE MONEY FOR YOUR SCHOOL! Did you know there are ways to donate money to the school by doing things you already do?
- If you shop at King Soopers with a loyalty card they will donate to Werner when you sign up here.
- If you shop on Amazon, you can sign up for Amazon Smile and they will donate 1% of purchases.
- If you like to eat out, the PTA hosts Werner Dines Out once a month and the restaurants we partner with will donate back to the school.
Thank you for supporting the Werner Elementary PTA!
PTA President | Anjani Rogenski
PTA Vice President | Nicole Kidd
PTA Treasurer | Patti Haswell
PTA Secretary | Chelsea Padgett
PTA Board member | Juliana Schump
Connect with us at PTAWernerElementary@gmail.com
There Is No Wrong Way to PTA. How Do You PTA?
NEWS FROM PSD
PSD Now Newsletter
One of many ways information is shared is through the PSD Now community newsletter, which features timely information about the latest happenings in the district. This is emailed to families and interested community members about every other Thursday.
Here is the most recent newsletter of PSD Now. For archived newsletters and information about how to sign up, go to: https://www.psdschools.org/department/communications.
Do you need Family Resources?
NEWS FROM THE COMMUNITY
Additional community food support during fall break
Please visit their websites for locations and complete information.
- Food Bank for Larimer County - 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Nov. 22-24
- The Food Bank for Larimer County will offer dinners and snacks to children under 18 years old who are not receiving a dinner or snack from another program. The meals will be distributed at our Fort Collins Fresh Food Share between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., Nov. 22-24.
- Family Medicine Center Pantry - 9 a.m.- 3 p.m., Nov. 23-24
- The pantry provides a variety of food, including fresh fruits and vegetables, eggs, milk, cheese, bread and Noosa Yoghurt. Patients and non-patients are welcome to shop up to two times each week.
- Vindeket Foods (check the website for hours) - Vindeket is a non-profit food rescue that partners with grocery stores, restaurants and farms to reduce wasted food. Our no-cost market is open to anyone, powered by community members working together to revalue food and one another.
- Serve 6.8 - Tuesdays, 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m., SERVE6.8 Hub (1239 E. Drake Rd), Wednesdays, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., City Park Church (1725 W Mulberry)
- Guests are able to shop for food items (including fresh produce and dairy)
Safe Routes to School-Feedback Needed
Do you have ideas about where walking, bicycling, and rolling could be even better? The City of Fort Collins needs your help to enhance Safe Routes to School (and everywhere) in Fort Collins! Share your ideas and comments by November 30th:
- Survey - https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6595460/Active-Modes-Plan-Survey
- Web map - https://ourcity.fcgov.com/active-modes-plan/maps/active-modes-plan-mapping-activity
Your input will inform the City’s Active Modes Plan, which will incorporate not only pedestrians and bicyclists, but also micromobility devices such as scooters and skateboards. The plan will identify key opportunities to significantly improve and expand the City’s existing active-modes networks (such as the low-stress bike network), support facilities, policies, and programs, including Safe Routes to School. The goal is to make it easy, safe, and attractive for people of all ages and abilities, particularly youth, to use active modes of transportation such as walking, bicycling, scootering, and skateboarding. To learn more, visit the project webpage at fcgov.com/WalkBikePlan.