Is arranged marriage forced?
- Some have strong relationships
- Some families provide support for the two "lovers" marriage
- Sometimes the family might try to force marriage onto a person
- sometimes arranged and forced marriage are considered the same
- the person will be put under peer pressure by family
- No chance of fighting or break ups before marriage
- Some marriages end up with a person being more accepting towards another religion
- people sometimes get support to help them with their marriage
- Sometimes Suicidal
- high divorce rate
- lack of trust
- sometimes abusive
- might end up drunk some of the time
- less acceptance
- less understanding
Browne, Rachel. ""Against Their Will: Forced Marriage Is One of the Last Taboos to Break, and a New Law--opposed by Those Who Champion Prevention--could Make It a Criminal Offence.""Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Gale, Cengage Learning, 12 Jan. 2015. Web. 10 Dec. 2015.
Clarke, Jeremy. "Low Life." Opposing Viewpoints. Gale, 1 Jan. 2011. Web. 15 Dec. 2015.
Coorlim, Leif. "Arranged Marriage Is Not Forced Marriage." The CNN Freedom Project Ending ModernDay Slavery RSS. CNN, 1 Apr. 2015. Web. 09 Dec. 2015.
Faceless bride and groom, chained wrists. Digital image. Http://braveandboldthinking.com/2014/06/23/arrangedmarriage/. Braveandboldthinking, 23 June 2014. Web. 15 Dec. 2015.
James, Sabatina. ""How I Escaped."" Newsweek. Opposing Viewpoints in Context., 12 Mar. 2012. Web. 14 Dec. 2015.
Macleans. "Against Their Will: Forced Marriage Is One of the Last Taboos to Break, and a New Law--opposed by Those Who Champion Prevention--could Make It a Criminal Offence." Mackinvia Opposing Viewpoints. Gale Cengage Learning, 12 Jan. 2015. Web. 10 Dec. 2015.
Muslim Man and woman, woman swooning over man, Man holding rose. Digital image. Muslim Village. Muslimvillage.com, 2010-2015. Web. 15 Dec. 2015.
Paul Bentley for the Daily Mail, Paul Bentley. "Why an Arranged Marriage 'is More Likely to Develop into Lasting Love'" Mail Online. Associated Newspapers, 4 Mar. 2011. Web. 09 Dec. 2015.
Zuberi, Hena. "Arranged Marriage Is Not Forced Marriage." MuslimMattersorg. MuslimMatters.org, 22 Dec. 2011. Web. 09 Dec. 2015.