Theology Semester Exam
The Original State of Man
Original Sin and Its Consequences
The Word Became Flesh
1. To make expiation for sins, reconcile man with God, and restore human nature lost by sin.
2.To manifest the infinite depth of God's love.
3. To offer a model of holiness
4. To allow people to share in his divine life
Jesus reconciled man with God when he died on the Cross for our sins. Jesus manifested God's love on Earth by teaching us that our sins can be forgiven and by starting the Church on Earth. He showed us the way that we should live our life and how we should be people of God. Through his death and coming back to life he forgave our sins and allowed us to go to heaven to be with God.
The Paschal Mystery
The Theological Virtues
1. Faith is the absolute belief in God and all of his teachings even if we have not seen them with our own eyes, but we put our trust in God and believe.
2. Hope gives us the power to put our trust in God. In order to have faith we need hope and trust to believe in the teachings and the things presented to us by Jesus and The Father.
3. Charity is the virtue that will help us love our neighbor and love the person next to us more than ourselves the way Jesus did when he gave his life for us.
The Four Marks of The Church
2. The Church is holy- When something is Holy it is set apart by God and the Church is holy because it was made by God and made for his worship. The Church helps teach us the how holy God is and trys to help us to follow a holy life.
3. The Church is Catholic- Catholic means universal and the Church of God has no boundaries, it has no limits, and it has no preferences. The Church is Universal because it is for everyone that wishes to be apart of it no matter who they are.
4. The Church is Apostolic- This is because we continue to teach the works done by the Apostles and the things passed down and taught by the many followers of Christ before us.
The Last Things
When you die if you have lived a good Christian life you will go to Heaven were you will be with God for the Rest of Eternity and you will live a glorious and perfect life in Harmony with the creator. If you die and you rejected God, you chose to turn away from him then you will live in eternity with complete seperation from God and you will be in Hell with out that perfection and Harmony that you would have in Heaven with God. The Second Coming of Jesus will be when we are all Judged. He will come to judge the living and the dead and he will make the decision on if you will live in perfect harmony with God or in total seperation in Hell. Purgatory is the place that we go before we go to Heaven, when we die we still have sins that need to be forgiven and our souls still need to be cleaned so we go to Purgatory where we are cleaned so that our souls can be in the presence of God the Father.