Regis University Library Resources, Services, and Events
The Learning Commons
The Learning Commons at Regis University houses the Writing Center, Tutoring Services, and Academic Success Workshops, and is available to all students, faculty, and staff of the Regis community. We are your connection to a network of academic support for writing and a range of subjects through one-to-one and group sessions. Whether you are looking to catch up or keep up in your scholastic journey, don't wait--connect with us today!
The Learning Commons offers
- In-person and web tutoring appointments via regis.mywconline.com (up to 60 minutes/day, or 180 minutes/week per subject)
- Access to 10 additional hours of academic support annually through regis.edu/smarthinking in writing and several subjects
- Spacious common area for sessions
- Sizable study rooms (available to reserve for quiet study)
- Comfortable seating arrangements
- Computers, printers, and whiteboards
- Reference books and handouts
- Attentive and experienced staff
Reach us @ regis.edu/TLC
Where to Start Your Library Research
Start at the Subject and Course Research Guides.
With over 60 guides in various disciplines and courses, you are sure to find the subject area of your research topic. Each guide includes recommendations of library resources to search and find scholarly materials for your assignements. Find peer reviewed articles, get background information in online reference collections, and search trusted websites. Also, find citation style information for citing your sources. Our Research Guides are the place to start!
Meet a Librarian - Kim O'Neill, Health Sciences Librarian
Second? Kim is our Health Sciences Librarian and can assist you with research in all health sciences areas including nursing, physical therapy, biology, and more. She is an expert at database searching and would be happy to help you cultivate your research topic and develop search strategies.
Any questions future healthcare providers? Contact Kim O'Neill.
********Library Collections Highlight******
ePublications at Regis University
- Find past Theses, Capstones, and Final Projects from all five colleges.
- Explore images from the Regis University Santo Collection.
- Access University Special Collections, which includes archived yearbooks, catalogs, and newspapers.
- Read Jesuit Higher Education: A Journal, a scholarly, open access, online journal focused on the development, advancement, and critique of higher education in the Jesuit tradition.
Summer Reading with Browsing Books
Research Monitor is a business reference database designed specifically for libraries. It offers an introduction to Euromonitor International's industry and country research with reports for 80 countries and daily articles and opinions from industry and country experts. Coverage is global with an equal depth of research for every country.
The Oxford English Dictionary is the world’s most comprehensive dictionary of the English language. It covers words from across the English-speaking world, and traces the development of English from the earliest records to the present day. OED is a historical dictionary, not a general one, with new words and definitions added quarterly. The site also includes word timelines and historical thesaurus. Define your research and get background information at OED.