Use appropriate tools strategically
The role of the teacher
What do you do?
The role of the student
2. Teacher will model and discuss the use of possible tools
3. Each group then reads their problem and discusses possible tools to be used
4. Each group decides on which tools they will use to solve their problem
5. Each group solves their problem using the chosen tools
6. Each group discusses success and/or the tools that could have been used for better results
7. Each group shares their problem and chosen tools with the class explaining why their tools did or did not work.