Timberview Family Newsletter
March 6, 2015
Send your pictures to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note some activities/events have changed due to inclement weather.
Mar 6 PTA Spirit Day at 5 Below @ Alliance Town Center *Mention TMS when you shop*
Mar 6 End of 4th Marking Period
Mar 6 Early Release
Mar 9-13 Spring Break
Mar 16 PTA Mooyah Burger Dining Out Night
Mar 16 Talent Show Auditions
Mar 16, 17, & 19 8th Grade Cheer Auditions *Change in Date*
Mar 17 & 18 Charlotte's Web Play Auditions
Mar 19 Talent Show Dress Rehearsal
Mar 20 Talent Show!
KISD Film Festival
- A Vine category- make a creative and engaging 6-second video using nothing but your mobile device and the free Vine app
- Fantastic new prizes including tickets to an advance pre-screening of a major upcoming feature film, to be shown in a movie theater privately reserved exclusively for Keller ISD Film Festival participants
- Finalists will be honored at an Oscars-style Awards Ceremony, to be held at Cinemark Alliance's spectacular XD theater, complete with red carpet and photo opportunities!
All entry information can be found on the website here and can also be followed on Facebook/KISDFilmFest and Twitter @KISDFilmFest.
Talent Show Audtions
Dress Rehearsal for the Talent Show will be held on Thursday, March 19 at 4:00 PM and the Talent Show will be held on Friday, March 20, 2015 beginning at 7:00 PM.
Join Timberview PTA
PTA now has a Facebook page, so check them out for all they do for our students!
PTA are selling sweatshirts for $25. The order form is here and completed forms and payments need to be turned into the office. Thank you for your support!
Kroger Donations to PTA
You may enroll online your Kroger Plus card at the websitewww.KrogerCommunityRewards.comand link Timberview Middle School PTA to have Kroger donate a percentage of sales to the Timberview PTA. No more flyer to bring to the cashier! TMS PTA Rewards number is 90463, or you may select our organization from the list and click on confirm once you register your card online. Thank you for supporting the TMS PTA!
Today there is a PTA fundraiser at 5 Below in Alliance Town Center. If you go to shop, be sure and take the printed advertisment with you located in the eMonday folder here. A percentage of sales will be donated to the PTA.
Dining Out Nights
Every year the PTA and several restaurants work together to raise money to help Timberview kids. The following is a list of dates and restaurants that are participating in the near future; be sure to mention Timberview Middle School when you go!
Mooyah Burgers - March 16
Chick-Fil-A - April 14
KISD Diabetes Walk
WE NEED YOU TO:
1. Go to Webpage www.diabetes.org/kisd2015 and register
2. Edit your “School Walk Center” page. Contest for teacher with most creative webpage.
3. Send out emails from the webpage link.
4. Learn something you didn't know about diabetes. www.diabetes.org
5. Donate online ($10) to campus team.
6. Raise $100 and get 4 Free tickets to Texas Rangers
7. Invite someone to the WALK
8. Attend the event.
9. Contact Debbie Gregor Deborah.email@example.com if you have diabetes. She will give you a
Free RED STRIDER CAP if you register for the walk! (First 100 to contact her)
10. STOP DIABETES! It takes us ALL working together!
· Over 100 KISD students have type 1 diabetes! Over 256 have been identified as at risk for type 2. One out of three students will have diabetes if the current trend continues. Don’t let that happen! Get involved!
· Lots of incentives available! $50,000 worth of give-a-ways at the March 28th event.
· Punt, Pass, and Kick event will take place on the field during the walk.
· NASCAR driver Ryan Reed (Daytona Winner last week) will be meeting the top fundraisers on April 10th at the KISD Administration Building! Ryan as type 1 diabetes and is passionate about helping STOP DIABETES!
There will be an immunization clinic for 6th graders held at Timberview on April 7 beginning at 8:00 AM, sponsored by the Tarrant County Health Department. More information on that will follow.
There will be a second immunization clinic held at Timberview on April 29th, from 4:30 - 7:00PM. The flyer associated with it is here in the eMonday folder.
We have begun to see some flu cases at Timberview. If your child has been diagnosed with the flu please notify the school nurse as she needs to report only numbers of cases to the state. Please review the attached flyers and the information below. Please call the school nurse if you have questions.
Please consider the following:
- Flu Vaccine is still the best protection against the flu. It is not too late! Please ask friends, family, patients, students and all to get the flu vaccine early.
- Decisions about starting antiviral treatment should not wait for the laboratory confirmation of influenza. Tamiflu and Relenza work best when started within the first 48 hours of symptom onset.
- Preventive health practices such as staying home when sick, keeping distance from symptomatic individuals, washing your hands often, covering your cough and sneezes are very effective social tools of reducing the spread of flu.
For more information, please visit www.cdc.gov/flu/
If your student needs an Epi pen, the following site offers you a copay card or coupon up to $100 off. https://www.epipen.com/en/copay-offer
To contact the nurse by phone, 817-744-2620, via email firstname.lastname@example.org.