Dress Down Day
As part of our Jump Rope for Heart activities, we are having a dress down day Friday (1/5/16). Students may dress down for a $1 donation and they are encouraged to wear black and blue colors to support the Carolina Panthers who are on their way to the Super Bowl! The Rowan Salisbury School dress code policy must be followed and tennis shoes must be worn. GO PANTHERS!!
This Week's Learning Topics
- RI.5.3 Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text based on specific information in the text.
- 5.OA.1 Use parentheses, brackets, or braces in numerical expressions, and evaluate expressions with these symbols.
- 5.OA.2 Write simple expressions that record calculations with numbers, and interpret numerical expressions without evaluating them.
- 5.OA.3 Generate two numerical patterns using two given rules. Identify apparent relationships between corresponding terms. Form ordered pairs consisting of corresponding terms from the two patterns, and graph the ordered pairs on a coordinate plane.
- 5.G.1 Graph points on the coordinate plane to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
- 5.G.2 Classify two-dimensional figures into categories based on their properties.
- 5.L.1.1 Explain why some organisms are capable of surviving as a single cell while others require many cells that are specialized to survive.
- 5.L.1.2 Compare the major systems of the human body (digestive, respiratory, circulatory, muscular, skeletal, and cardiovascular) in terms of their functions for necessary for life.