Career Center Weekly Update
September 28. 2015
UGA Career Center
APPOINTMENTS: Call (706) 542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
WALK-IN HOURS: 12-2pm, Monday-Friday in the Career Center computer lab.
SATELLITE HOURS: Click on your Career Consultant's name to see when they are coming close to you!
I. JOB OPENINGS AND LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Career Opportunities for UGA Students & Alumni
Full-Time Job Highlight
Corblu Ecology Group, LLC
Deadline: October 30th
Corblu Ecology Group, LLC is seeking to hire qualified B.S. or M.S. graduates with strong capabilities in aquatic and/or terrestrial ecology. Positions are available in Corblu’s Lawrenceville, Georgia office. This position is a full-time, permanent, entry to mid-level opportunity.
Typical job duties will include, but are not limited to, aquatic sampling for fish and benthic macroinvertebrates, field surveys for protected species (aquatic and terrestrial), water quality sampling, habitat mapping, field delineation of streams and wetlands, floral and faunal surveys, and proposal and report preparation. Occasional travel is expected and candidates should be accustomed to working outdoors under a variety of field conditions. Additional experience working on Section 404 permitting and/or compensatory mitigation projects preferred.
Applicants should have a desire to work in private consulting and possess strong skills in the following areas: 1) verbal and written communications; 2) technical writing; 3) native fish identification and/or floral identification; and 4) design and execution of field sampling protocols. High-achieving individuals will have excellent opportunities for advancement.
Corblu Ecology Group offers competitive salaries and benefits (including medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacation, holidays, and sick leave), challenging projects, and opportunities for growth in a team-orientated environment.
Apply on DAWGlink!
PMF - Application opens today!
The PMF Program Office has selected dates for the PMF Class of 2016 application. The annual Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) will be posted to USAJOBS and the open period is scheduled for Monday, September 28 through Tuesday, October 13, 2015.
II. UPCOMING EVENTS
UGA Virtual Networking Hour: Advice from the Big Dawgs
When: Wednesday, Sept. 30th 12:00-1:00pm
Level Up: Raise your game by getting "Advice from the Big Dawgs"
Save the date for "Advice from the Big Dawgs," the first student-alumni UGA Virtual Networking Hour on Wednesday, September 30. Via desktop or mobile device (no app necessary!), you can participate in up to one hour of 10-minute, one-on-one, text-based chats with fellow participants. This will be an opportunity for you to make meaningful connections with UGA alumni.
Click here to register! (https://app.brazenconnect.com/events/uga-2)
The University of Georgia Career Center
The Career Center can help you with:
- Choosing a major/career
- Resume writing
- Getting into graduate school/finding a job
FOR APPOINTMENTS: call 706-542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
III. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Meet Your Career Consultant
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
* Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS TO UNSUBSCRIBE.