Amazon Rainforest Medicines
By Gracie Pendergraft and Kasey Whittington
This flower-like plant takes part in making quinine, a medicine that cures malaria. The plant itself can cure colds, headaches, and leg cramps.
It kills parasites, bacteria, prevents ulcers, repels insects, kills cancer cells, heals wounds, and calms nerves.
Curare is a muscle relaxer and cures Parkinson's disease. It is used to identify a variety of highly toxic extracts from some types of woody vines that grow in South America.
The Kapok Tree cures dysentery, fevers, and asthma. It is applied to swollen fingers and wounds, while an infusion is used as mouthwash.
The Lapacho Tree is used to relieve pains, kill germs, increases flow of urine, and even is an antidote to poison.
The Passion Flower helps with anxiety, relieves tension, helps with asthma, burns, inflammation of the skin, and helps disorders.
The Cats Claw cures cancer, AIDS, arthritis, viral infections, shingles, cold sores, alzheiners, bone pains, hay fever, parasites, and heals wounds.
It cures diabetes, some cancers, sore throats, coughs, lung congestion, and reduces fluid retention by increasing urine production.
Hot flashes, nausea, salivation , and profuse perspiration.
This plant is a super food. It helps you heart, reduces the oxidation of low-density lipoproteins, aka, bad cholesterol. It takes part in curing and preventing cardiovascular disease.
La encuesta es debajo de video.
2. Do you know where the biggest rainforest is? Yes: 2 No: 8
3. Where? Got it right: 2 Got it wrong: 8
4. Do you know what animals are in the the rainforest? Yes: 10 No: 0
5. Do you know what animals are endangered? Yes: 4 No: 6
6. Do you know what percent of oxygen the rainforest gives the world? Yes: 0 No: 10
7. Do you know how medicines we get from the rainforest? Yes: 1 No: 9
8. Do you know what a shaman is? Yes: 1 No: 9
9. Did you know that the rainforest is being destroyed? Yes: 10 No:0
10. Which plank kills cancer? Cat's Claw: 5 Passion Flower: 5