Mrs. Lyons' Newsletter
Mark Your Calendar:
February 19-25: School-wide Book Fair
February 25: Art Show and Family Night from 5:30-6:30
March 3: Spring Pictures
March 14, 15, and 17: Parent Teacher Conferences
March 18: No School
March 21-25: Spring Break
- Spelling: We will begin working on new words this week. Students were given a copy to practice at home to prepare for our test on Friday.
- Literacy: We will continue our unit of study on myths and legends. Students are strongly encouraged to read at home every night, even if it is 10 minutes here and there.
- Math: We will continue studying fractions! If students are working on Front Row at home, they should be working on Fractions, Geometry, or Measurement. See the link below for Front Row. Also, look for ways we use fractions in the world (especially in the kitchen) everyday.
- Social Studies: We will continue to study important events that shaped our nation's history.
- Student Planners: Check your child's planner for daily updates on what we are learning. If the assignment is to be done as homework, we will indicate this with HW.