By being healthy and active you can better enjoy your life! YEA!
Article: Child Obeasity At Record High
- Childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and tripled in adolescents in the past 30 years.1, 2
- The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 18% in 2010. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to 18% over the same period.
Childhood obesity has both immediate and long-term effects on health and well-being.
Immediate health effects:Obese youth are more likely to have risk factors for cardiovascular disease, such as high cholesterol or high blood pressure. In a population-based sample of 5- to 17-year-olds, 70% of obese youth had at least one risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Article: http://www.kidsource.com/kidsource/content2/obesity.html
A short Obeasity Documentary
Obese people are growing in population. nearly 66% of adults are either obese or overweight. If you are 30 lbs or more overweight, your life is shortened by a year. in 2008 obesity caused shortened life of 95 million years in the U.S. extreme obesity can cause severe loss in life span and can severely lower your quality of life. Of the top 25 most prescribed medications, 10 target high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes.
How to run effectively and efficiently. (For beginners)
Many people notice soreness the next day after a run. This is because their muscles are suddenly forced in to running. Before you run you should take a minute to stretch. Take one of your feet in hand and try to pull it back to your bottom and stretch it further. Then do the same with your other foot. To prevent ankle soreness stand on your tip toes for a few seconds then go back down. Finally stretch your back a little so you don't strain it when running.
The second most important is to make a pace when you run. When running don't simply run at random speeds. Find a route and run it, the think about the pace you need to have at specific points during the run (hill, rough terrain, et cetera.)
Healthy Excerzices Video
- 4 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
PBJ Protein Oats (Lunch)
1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
2/3 cup water
1 serving vanilla protein powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
1 tablespoon natural jam or jelly
1. Combine oats and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and let oatmeal simmer until 90% of the water is absorbed.
3. Remove from heat and whisk in protein powder and vanilla.
4. Pour oatmeal into a bowl and top with peanut butter and jelly/jam.
Fruity fun skewers (Desert)
Original recipe makes 5 servings Change Servings
- 5 large strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cantaloupe, cut into balls or cubes
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 apple, cut into chunks
- 20 skewers