MAP Testing Begins This Week
Please help us ensure a successful testing experience by making sure your student arrives to school on time and well rested. Here are a few other important notes to be aware of:
- Any electronic device that can connect to the Internet is prohibited during testing. This includes phones and smart watches. We strongly encourage your student not to bring those devices to their testing rooms. Teachers will be collecting devices from students if they have them upon entry to the classroom. No student may have a personal electronic device in their possession during testing times.
- Hats and hoods may not be worn in testing rooms. Please encourage you child to leave their hat in their locker for the day.
- Students should eat a good breakfast before testing. Breakfast will be available in the cafeteria when students arrive to school.
- Students should bring the following items with them to their testing rooms:
- Chromebook (Fully Charged)
- No. 2 Pencil
Thank you for your support as we begin these important tests. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the school office.
Map Celebration: Spirit Week
We want to celebrate our students' hard work when MAP testing has concluded. We will have some fun activities planned and we will be having a Spirit Week. Please see the list below for the themes each day. Special thanks to STUCO for planning the celebration!
Monday, May 16- Lilo and Stitch Hawaiian Day
Tuesday, May 17-Tie Dye Tuesday
Wednesday, May 18th-On Wednesdays We Wear Pink
Thursday, May 19th- Harry Potter House Colors
- Courageous Griffindors wear red
- Helpful Hufflepuffs wear yellow
- Intelligent Ravenclaws wear blue
- Resourceful Slytherins wear green
Important Upcoming Dates
Tuesday, 5/10: Beta Club Induction (Cafeteria, 6:00 PM)
Friday, 5/13: Spring Dance (More info to come)
Tuesday, 5/17: Spring Choir Concert (Gym, 6:30 PM)
Wednesday, 5/18: 8th Grade Visit to PHS (10 AM-12 PM)
Wednesday, 5/25: End of 3rd Trimester
Wednesday, 6/1: 1st Day of Summer Discovery
Mr. Ken Grodie Named New Assistant Principal
Riverbend Middle School will start the 2022-2023 school year with a new assistant principal. At the April board of education meeting Mr. Ken Grodie, current history teacher at Riverbend, was approved to be the new assistant principal for the upcoming school year. Mr. Grodie will replace Dr. Jill Johler as she moves to be the principal of Winfield High School.
Mr. Grodie has worked in the Meramec Valley School District since 2014 as an ISS instructor, a computer and technology teacher, and most recently as an eighth grade history teacher. He also coached football and wrestling at the middle and high school levels. Mr. Grodie is a graduate of Missouri Baptist University where he earned his Master’s Degree in Education Administration, a Bachelor’s Degree in History with a concentration in Education from Lindenwood University, and is a graduate of Pacific High School.