Constitutional article 1
Qualifications of Congressmen.
How a bill becomes a law.
Step One- They think of the bill together, must gain recognition of presiding officer to announce the bill
Step Two- The bill is referred to the appropriate committee, by the speaker of the house, the deception is made by senate or the house.
Step three-They debate on the bill in the house, the senate and house debate and discuss the bill for hours, and come up with ideas
Step four-memebers from the Committee for a conference to meet and work out the differences in there idea and make a solid bill.
Step five-The bill is sent to the president for consent to become a law.
Step six- The bill becomes a law depending on if the President signs the bill or not.
meeting times of Congressmen
Rules of Congress.
Powers of Congress
- To lay and collect taxes.
- To borrow and collect money on the united states.
- To regulate commerce.
- establish a uniform rule of naturalization.
- To coin money.
- To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting.
- To establish post offices or roads.
- To promote the progress of science and helping arts.
- To declare war.
- To provide and maintain a navy.
- To Provide and call for a militia.
- Raise and support amries.