-=+=- Tour of Africa Poster -=+=-

By: Nick Mizgala

Big image

Madagascar

Madagascar is located in the Indian Ocean. It's not connected to the rest of Africa because of the Mozambique Channel. There Economy is mostly Agricultural. Madagascar is the 4th largest island in the world.
Big image

Sahara Desert

The Sahara Desert is 3,630,000 sq miles. Sand dunes cover more than 15% of the desert. The other 85% is rock and coarse gravel. There are very high temperatures in the desert which causes sparce vegetation.
Big image

Congo River

The Congo River formed by the Lualaba, is 2,720 miles long, from Zaire to the Atlantic Ocean. The Congo River is 4-10 miles wide. The river also has the largest potential source of hydroelectric power.
Big image

Nile River

The longest river in the world ( Nile River ) is around 4,160 miles long. The river flows through Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Zaire. The Nile is an important source of hydroelectric power. The Nile also furnishes 20% of Sudan's total crop area.