Dr. Melvin C. Swann Middle School
FAQ 2021-22 School Year
Frequently Asked Questions
Our commitment to you is to create a sustainable learning environment that promotes high-quality instruction, a culture of collaboration, a culture of belonging, and deep care for the student and each other well-being. Therefore, we will use FAQ to provide the most up-to-date information. Please note that information contained in this FAQ is subject to change as new information, data, or state directives become available.
We are Swann Family!!
Is Swann a Restart School?
Open House Date and Time
- Aug. 10th from 4pm - 7 pm
- A recording of Open House will be listed on the school website.
Please visit our school website for additional information.
First and Last Day of School
Last Day of School: June 10, 2022
Please click on link for more details.
Are students required to wear mask/face coverings?
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Locations
As part of the continue focus to increase student safety we will continue our Arrival and Dismissal Locations as listed below. Please adhere to the location.
- Bus Riders Arrival/Dismissal Location - Cypress St (Front of the building)
- Car Riders Arrival/Dismissal Location - Yanceyville St (Back of the building)
What are the school times?
- Student Arrival: 9:00 am
- First Core: 9:20 am
- Student Dismissal: 4:20 pm
- Water Fountains will remain covered. Please allow students to bring a closed container to access water from the water cooler.
How do apply for transportation for my student?
Parents may obtain their child's bus information by using any of the methods below:
1) Parents are encouraged to sign-up for Here Comes the Bus (HCTB). HTCB is a school bus tracking app that shows the real-time location of the bus. It provides scheduled and actual arrival times at home and school, as well as push and email notifications when the bus is near your child’s stop. You can access bus information by logging into your “Here Comes the Bus” account or by visiting the website www.herecomesthebus.com and downloading the app from the App Store or Google play and using code 87491 to create an account.
2) PowerSchool Parent Portal - Parents/guardians must sign up to access bus assignment information. To register for the PowerSchool Parent Portal, parents will need their child’s Student ID number (student’s lunch number and NCEdCloud username, which is used for remote learning.)
3) You can also obtain bus information by contacting your child's school.