Blue Oak Elementary Happenings
Blue Oak Updates
- Emergency Cards - These (along with military form and parent/student authorization) are digital this year. Please complete one Form for each child you have attending Blue Oak. This needs to be completed as soon as possible to ensure we have current contact information for guardians.
- Attendance - If your child will be out of school for three or more consecutive days, please come by the office to complete an Independent Study Contract. This must be completed at least a week before your child will miss school to allow time for the office and classroom teacher to collect your child’s work. By completing the Independent Study Contract your child’s absence will be recorded as excused. Besides Independent Study Contracts, student absences are only excused for illness, medical/dental appointments, bereavement, or court appearances. All other absences are unexcused. If you have any questions regarding attendance, or Independent Study Contracts, please contact the front office.
- PBIS - We would love to have a parent or two to join our PBIS team to provide a parent perspective. We meet once a month on Wednesdays at 1:30. Our first meeting is on August 31st. Let me know (email@example.com) if you would like to be part of our team!
- Arrival - Students are not allowed on campus before 7:40 as supervision does not begin until then. IF students are getting breakfast they may arrive at 7:30 and go straight to the cafeteria to pick up breakfast.
- Counseling - We have a full time counselor this year! Please see Mr. Carlson's letter of introduction here.
- COVID Tests - We received a shipment of COVID tests for the Blue Oak community while the supply lasts. If you are in need of any, please pick them up at the office.
- Fridays are school spirit days! Students are encouraged to wear Blue Oak swag or class colors. More information on class colors and spirit wear can be found at the Blue Oak PTA website which is linked below.
Save the Date!
- 9/5 - NO SCHOOL: Labor Day
- 9/6 - Character Building BMX Assembly 8:30 on blacktop
- 9/7 - Cross Country Meet at Indian Creek 3:30
- 9/7 - Buckeye USD Board Meeting 7:00 at District Office
- 9/14 - Cross Country Meet at Blue Oak 3:30
- 9/19 - PTA Meeting 6:30 in Blue Oak Library
- 9/21 - Cross Country Meet at Silva Valley 3:30
- 9/22 - Fall Picture Day
- 9/23 - After school PTA treat $1 in quad
- 9/28 - Cross Country Meet at Valley View 3:30
August STEM Update
TK-2nd: This month we learned about cohesion and adhesion of water with a penny, water, and a pipette. Students worked in small groups to find out how many drops of water could fit on the top of a penny before gravity took over and the droplets overflowed.
3rd-5th: This month we learned about potential and kinetic energy by designing and building our own roller coasters using a pool noodle, tape, and a marble. Through trial and error, students were challenged to create a coaster that would successfully carry their marble from beginning to end without falling off.
Look What We've Been Up To:
Attendance, enrollment, independent study contracts - Charlene Bartholome
Secretary - Lindy Murray
Staff email addresses are first initial of first name followed by last name with address @buckeyeusd.org
For example: John Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: 2391 Merrychase Drive, Cameron Park, CA, USA