Europaen Solidarity Corps Project
What is "EU.motion"
The "EU.motion" project is a 3 year Volunteering Partnership. One of the partners is Ukraine. In Ukraine the project "EU.motion” involves 2 volunteers from Portugal and is the result of cooperation between two organizations from Ukraine and Portugal.
It addresses to the problem of cultural integration and social exclusion and focuses on the themes: Citizenship, Participation and Cultural Diversity.
In general the project obrejcives are:
- promote solidarity among people;
- develop cooperation and mutual understanding;
- promote volunteering as a tool for civic participation and a mechanism for acquiring skills;
- support populations in processes of social exclusion, including minority groups;
- promote intercultural learning.
Volunteers will support young people's and euroclubs members’ initiatives and participate in various forms of voluntary activities, such as charity events, animal and elderly people support, mentoring youngsters, food banks, fundraising etc. as well as involve them into local and international projects of CEI. Together with volunteers, young people will participate individually or in groups in non-profit, unpaid activities and events.
NGO "Center for Euroinitiatives" (CEI) - is public nonprofit organization, created on the principles of voluntarily participation, human rights, freedom of speech, common interests, self-government and equality of rights for its members, as well as for the protection of our legal interests, rights, and freedoms.
Goal: to assist in the reformation of Ukraine in accordance with European standards, to introduce democratic values, and to develop civil society in Ukraine using educational and informational methodologies.
More information about CEI:
Associação Mais Cidadania is the organization in Lisbon, which aim is to promote the citizenship and the participation in society. Organization's methodology of work is very open to new ideas and constant discussion, for this, working in a multicultural context, we always like to acquire new tools and suggestions to be able to face different realities we work with in a multifaceted way.
The Association views itself as a learning community, working towards an Educative Society. In order to achieve this goal, the Association searches innovative perspectives for action, that can help turn to reality the potential for transformation and education that Citizenship possesses. This helps to complement the action of other institutions in the work field (such as schools), and to cooperate in the construction of solutions to the challenges of modern societies – building testing and evaluating projects for the promotion of “good attitudes” and “good practices”, that may be adopted in other contexts with multiplying effects.
As a “learning community”, the Association builds its action on the ability to involve in an active and conscious way, its associates and co-operators, organized in project teams (giving special importance to young members), and working in cooperation with other partner institutions.
The project "EU.motion" is for creative people who are interested in working with children, volunteering and helping people. CEI always encourages volunteers to develop new activities, own initiatives and ideas as long as they are in the framework of the project. We require no specific skills, but happy to have a flexible and creative people. Also we do not require any professional qualifications, but rather interest and enthusiasm.
We are searсhing for young people who:
- are 18-30 years old;
- are enthusiastic and energetic;
- are eager to learn, enjoy working with youth and full of creative ideas;
Strong organizational skills are considered very useful as the ability to communicate in English, and be willing to study either Russian or Ukrainian (as not all people they will work with speak English). In addition, people with singing, dancing, playing musical instruments skills are welcomed.
- should be comfortable living on their own;
- be able to adapt to new situations;
- have good problem-solving skills;
- work and live in the mixed groups of volunteers from different nationalities that will have their project at the same time at CEI.
CEI does't mind to involve volunteers with fewer opportunities into the project and ready to accept such applicants with:
1) Economic obstacles;
2) Geographical obstacles;
3) Educational difficulties
You can find more details HERE.
The project is inclusive and it is open for all interested people, who are under the demands of ESC volunteering projects.
The main activities of the project will be connected with the Association of School Euroclubs. Volunteers will help to organize the regular weekly meetings in euroclubs according to their aims and objectives.
Implemented by volunteers activities will include involving local school and university youth focused on promoting European values, active citizenship, civic responsibility, solidarity, community service.
In the frames of the project volunteers are proposed:
- to participate in and lead Euroclub meetings;
- to organize various workshops and activities for children and young people;
- to conduct sport and active games;
- to lead thematic youth clubs;
- to organize entertainment events;
- to fulfill volunteers' blog and FB pages of the organization;
- to help organize and support the existing initiatives and events of the organization (Days of Europe, Volunteering Day, Christmas event, etc.)
- support all instructors in their regular activities in the workshops;
- to prepare own workshops (once a week / twice a month);
- to prepare media and marketing materials (pictures, presentations, films, leaflets, posters) of EVS and Foundation actions;
- to organize language classes for staff and local community;
- to carry out activities about the culture and customs of the country of volunteers.
WHAT IS EUROCLUB
Since 2009 the Hosting organization has the Association of School Euroclubs - the biggest organized network in Ukraine. As the today’s school and university youth will create Ukrainian’s future, main aim of euclubs is formation of a clear civic position, the development of a sense of personal responsibility, creation the positive image of Ukraine as a European state.
During 11 years euroclubs focus on:
- dissemination of information about the institutions of European Union;
- familiarization with the mechanism of functioning of democracy and civil society;
- studying culture, traditions and customs of the EU countries;
- popularizing this information among representatives of local community through the preparation of creative projects and mass events.
More inormation about the work of euroclubs can be found in Facebook group Євроклуби Сумщини
Days of Europe
One of the successful aspects of functioning of Association is the cooperation with the European volunteers who help to organize the regular meetings in euroclubs according to their aims and objectives. During 10 years Center for Euroinitiatives and Association of School Euroclubs together with City Hall, local authorities, partners and NGOs organize the celebration of the city festival – Europe Days in Sumy.
Since 2003 according to the Law of the President of Ukraine the 3rd Saturday of May is the celebration of the Europe Day in Ukraine. It is the only state in Eastern Europe among post-Soviet countries that celebrates Europe Day without being a full member of the EU. During the last years CEI has actively been working on promoting European Values, volunteering and empowerment of young people through the series of events on the European topics.
Thanks to this annual event in 2018 Sumy got the second reward of the Council of Europe - Flag of Honour. Year by year the grand event was organized in the cooperation of European EVS and local volunteers. CEI would like to continue this tradition and organize the series of events in the new format.
The grand event of every year is the celebration of the Days of Europe in Sumy, which consists of the series of local and regional events.
Local volunteers Club - SAY team
Besides the activities in euroclubs volunteers are proposed to develop and implement their own ideas with the help of the Local Volunteers Club - SAY Team (Sumy Active Youth) or join the exsisting initiatives. The SAY Team organizes the meetings on the regular basis to plan, discuss, organize the activities and to have fun.
The Programme is flexible. It could be changed and adapted according to the interests and ideas of the volunteers. The dates of each event will be agreed with the administration of the establishments, where the activities are planned to be conducted. The working time is no ore than 38 hours per week.
The PROGRAMME will be added soon.
The EU citizens need to make a visa for legal stay in Ukraine for period more than 90 days. For making visa it is required:
- a valid international passport;
- Cigna Insurance;
- project documents (provided by Hosting and Sending organizations)
You can find more information about visa HERE
Transfer to Sumy
You can get to Sumy from 3 main airports in Kyiv and Kharkiv:
There will be the instruction letter, provided by the Hosting Organization, with the transfer information to the place of venue as soon as the Hosting Organization gets your travel plans. You will get to Sumy either by train or by a minibus. The price of the tickets to Sumy from Kyiv or Kharkiv will be around 300 - 350 UAH (9-11 euro).
HERE you can check the schedule of the trains. If you need Hosting Organization will support you in booking tickets.
A seat in the minibus will be booked for you if you choose this means of transport to Sumy.
CEI will create the appropriate conditions for working and living in the hosting community.
Volunteers will live in a shared apartment and accommodated in single / double rooms in the rented flat in the city center area. All the rented flats are in 15 minutes on foot from the office. This is an average modest flat which contains all necessary things for living: a washing machine, a fridge, bed linen, kitchen utilities and kitchenware available for cooking, Wi-Fi router.
For better integration, all the volunteers live in the multicultural teams.
CEI office has a Volunteering room where the volunteers may prepare for their activities, language clubs etc. Each volunteer has a personal key from it. There is Wi-Fi access so if volunteers have a possibility we would recommend you to bring your laptop or a tablet for personal use. It is better if you have your own laptop in order to work at home. Volunteers may use the technical equipment available at CEI to prepare for your activities. The activities themselves will take place in different locations.
The first week after volunteers' arrival will be an adaptation week. Volunteers will see the place of work, get to know the people and the current volunteers, get acquaintance with people from the community.
The working schedule is flexible but no more that 38 working hours per week. If the volunteers are involved at weekends, they will get free days during the week.
- living money (100 euro per month in UAH*) + pocket money (3 EUR per day in UAH) + local transport money (10 EUR per month in UAH);
- 33 regular Ukrainian / Russian lessons given by the tutor during the project;
- internal trainings of CEI (integration week, regular upgrades);
- on-arrival + mid-term trainings organized by SALTO (in Kyiv or Lviv);
- coordinator’s, mentor's, staff support;
- educational workshops offered by a coordinator, mentor, staff members;
- study visits to partners' organizations;
- Cigna insurance (main responsibility of Sending Organisation),
- Youthpass certificate;
- round way trip reimbursement according to Distance Calculator of Erasmus+ Programme;
- work in the international volunteering team;
- a lot of funny extra work activities.
UAH - Ukrainian currency. 1 Euro = 30 UAH
Sumy (Суми [ˈsumɪ]) is a city in north-eastern Ukraine, and the capital of Sumy Oblast (region). Population: 250 000.
The city of Sumy is located on the banks of the Psel River, at its confluence with the Sumka River. There are several versions of the origin of the name of Sumy. According to the first version, the name of the city comes from the name of the rivers it was founded on (the Sumka and the Suma).
According to another version, Sumy received its name after the 3 “bags” (“suma” means “bag”) with gold coins found on the site of construction. Today, these “bags” are reflected on the coat of arms of Sumy.
The architectural appearance of the central historical part of Sumy was formed in the period from the end of the 18th to the beginning of the 20th centuries. Today, Sumy is famous for its wonderful pedestrian areas with historical buildings, cathedrals, and monuments.
The City Day of Sumy is celebrated on the first Saturday of September in memory of the fact that the city was liberated during the Second World War on September 2, 1943.
WELCOME TO 3D EXCURTION TO SUMY
HOW TO APPLY
To join the project team you can:
- fill the application form below;
- or send your CV and Motivation letter to the partner organization of your country directly.
The project "EU.motion" is awailable for the citizens of Portugal only.
The project "EU.motion" is financed with the support of Portuguese National Agency. This publication reflects only the author’s views, and the National Agency cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained there in.