January 7th, 2022
From the Principal's Desk...
2022 has arrived and it has arrived with a whirlwind. This past week we navigated through the first week back after a long break, below freezing weather and of course COVID-19. Thank you for all your support and patience during this time.
As a reminder, if your child is sick or has flu-like symptoms, keep them home and send an email to our attendance clerk. The Elmwood attendance email is email@example.com . Please include the following information in your email:
- Your child's first and last name
- Your child's grade level and teacher
- Your child's ID number
- Reason for absence and duration of absence
If needed, you can still call our absence line at 708-583-6260
Absence calls and emails must be received by 8:30 AM. Thank you for your cooperation!
The nurse and/or office clerk will help you navigate through the COVID protocols if necessary. We all need to do our part to ensure that the kids, staff and community stay safe.
A few additional reminders:
- ACCESS testing for all English Language Learners will begin on Jan. 12th.
- There is no school on Monday, January 17th in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day!
- There is no school for students on Friday, January 28th for a teacher institute day.
- Please send students to school with warm coats, hats, and gloves. We will go outside if the weather allows us to.
We hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday break! We look forward to an amazing 2022. As always if you have any questions please reach out to one of us.
Mr. Lerner & Mrs. Hagins
12+ Booster Event
Join us for a School Safety Overview
Thursday, January 13th- Pfizer Booster event at Elmwood Elementary School for those 12 and older.
Monday, January 17th- No School- MLK Jr. Day
Wednesday, January 19th- Board of Education Meeting at Elmwood Park High School @ 7:00 PM
Friday, January 28th- Teacher Institute Day- No School for Students