Berlin Tech News
- GAFE (Google Apps for Education) implementation and training - ongoing!
- 75 Chromebooks added to the ever-growing fleet
- 10 new classroom computers that will replace older models
- 100 Laptops for Science in DDE - acquired FREE from a grant (thanks Joel!)
- Mobile version of website activated for phones
- New Technology Committee
- Home Use Program activated for FTEs - Office 2016 Program for only $10 for home use on one device
- New Epson Brightlink Interactive Projectors that work with SMART Notebook
Things you may not have noticed, but will make technology better and faster
- 2 new virtualized servers - one for managed Windows Updates and one for re-imaging computers and installing software remotely on multiple computers at a time (so I don't have to walk around with a disc!) - FREE due to our licensing and virtualization
Upcoming possibilities for summer (depending on resources and input):
- Windows 10 64 bit on all computers (right now we have a mix of Windows 7 and Windows 8 32 bit and 64 bit)
- Office 2016 on all machines
- Renaming of printers to make them easier to find and add
- Newest SMART Notebook on all teacher desktops
- Better website layout/design
- More devices for students to access resources in JFK and DDE
- MANY more planned! Stay tuned!!
And this is just the beginning!! I am always looking for improvements that will aid teachers and students everyday. Please let me know if you come across anything interesting that you would like to pass on. Thanks!!
I have linked documents on some of the features below
Here is an example of what an OnCourse website could look like:
Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.