By: Zoey Campbell
Heart disease is a umbrella term for any type of disorder that affects the heart.
Symptoms, Signs, and Treatment
There are many different forms of heart disease. Therefore the symptoms, signs, and treatment is different for each person.
- Skin rashes/color changes
- Loss of breath
- Chest pain
Heart Disease - Detailed Diet
Everyone with heart disease needs a detailed diet, even people trying not to get heart disease. This is a detailed diet to go by to reduce the chances of getting it.
- Control your portion size. - how much you eat is just as important as what you eat
- Eat more vegetables and fruits. - good sources of vitamins and minerals
- Select whole grain - good source of fiber and other nutrients
- Limit unhealthy fats - limit saturated and trans fats
Heart Disease - Exercise Program
Exercise is an important roll in heart disease patients. They should exercise at least four times a week up to 20 or 30 minutes each time.
- Always stretch first!!
- Jumping rope
- Biking (in or outdoor)