Navigating the River
August 4, 2021
Welcome back to The River!
To assist in a smooth opening for our first day, we have included information regarding arrival and dismissal below. Please be certain that you are following all guidelines when you are dropping off and picking up your child. With more than 500 students who learned virtually last year returning to in person schooling this year, we expect the car line to be especially busy.
Children may be dropped off beginning at 8:15 am. Please avoid arriving early as this causes our parking lots to be blocked so that teachers are not able to get to their classrooms to welcome students. Students who are dropped off by a parent will wait in our cafeteria until 8:30. At 8:30, they are dismissed from the cafeteria to go to their first class of the day.
Afternoon pick-up will begin at 4:12 pm. Again, please avoid arriving prior to 4:00 pm as this blocks the driveway and parking lot. We expect unusually long lines this year and encourage families to take advantage of bus transportation. 6th grade will dismiss from the 6th-grade hallway and carpool will pick up in the 6th-grade parking area. 7th and 8th-grade carpool will pick up at the front of the building in the same area as morning drop off.
If you have siblings that will be picked up in the afternoons via carpool and one of those siblings is a 6th grader, all will be picked up in the 6th-grade carpool pick-up area.
We thank you in advance for your patience and partnership, especially in our first few days of school, as we ensure that each child arrives and departs safely each day.
We love our RMS families!
Schedule Request Updates
Please take a look at your child’s schedule before they arrive at school on Thursday. Many adjustments have been made since Open House on Monday. At this time we are finalizing schedules based on the requests received in the Google Form when schedules were released. We are unable to make any more Connections course changes at this time, our courses have reached capacity.
We look forward to seeing our Panthers for the first day of school on Thursday,
COVID-19 Reporting Info
As we experienced last year, processes are continuously improved. Please watch the newsletter for any updates to this information.
- If your child is showing symptoms, please do not send them to school.
- If your child has a positive test for COVID-19, contact our nurse, Kim Varner at email@example.com.
- If a child tests positive, any students or staff members who were in the same classroom (or bus) will be notified via Campus Messenger using the primary email that is listed. It is important that all parents check the email that is listed in Parent Portal daily to stay informed.
- Families may choose to self-quarantine their child once notified of possible exposure. Please contact our nurse, Kim Varner at firstname.lastname@example.org of your decision to self-quarantine.
- Students learning in person who are quarantined due to a positive test and students who self-quarantine may continue to stay up to date using ItsLearning.
Free Breakfast and Lunch for All Students
My Payments Plus
All orders and fee payments may be made on MyPaymentsPlus from now until August 12th. We strongly encourage you to utilize MyPaymentsPlus for all purchases, but those families who would like to make payments using cash or check may do so by sending payment with your child on Thursday, August 5 (first day of school) to their Homeroom teacher.
Items to be purchased at this time, until August 12th:
- Academic Lockers $10
- Agendas $10
PE Uniforms and Locks will be available for purchase on MyPaymentsPlus Monday, August 2 after schedules have been released. Please verify that your child has PE in their schedule before purchasing these items.
Band and Chorus Fees will also be available for purchase on MyPaymentsPlus Monday, August 2, after schedules have been posted.