TEA Building Capacity Training
Building Capacity and Strengthening Partnerships for Family Engagement
Tuesday, Sep. 25th, 8:30am-3:30pm
San Antonio, TX
ESSA, Building Capacity (section 1116) has long been a requirement of LEAs and schools, but for many it has been a perfunctory task rather than a useful tool designed to increase parent and family engagement in a way that increases student achievement.
This session will provide a quick overview of the ESSA, Building Capacity requirements and strategies to help work innovatively with parents and families. Techniques for working collaboratively with families will be discussed. Session will also include a presentation by a model school who is doing exceptional work with their families.
Extensive handouts and resources will be provided.
Intended Audience: ESC Staff, Federal Program Directors, Administrators, Parent and Family Engagement Liaisons
Registration & Cost
Steps for registration:
- Go to (Region 16 ESC) https://www.escweb.net/tx_r16/catalog/search.aspx
- On right side, “Already know the workshop ID? Workshop ID” type in 674000, Click “Go”
- Right hand side, Click “Register”
- Bottom left, Click “Checkout”
- At this point new members will need to “Create an Account” and then Click “Submit” or Previous Users will need to sign-in (if they have not already done so) and then Click “Submit”
- Select method of payment to continue.
- Provide purchase order or credit card information.
- Then Click, “Complete Checkout”