Comparison of World Religions
- Christianity is the largest religion in the world.
- Christianity started in Judea with Jesus Christ and His faithful group of disciples.
- They believed that Jesus entered the world and died to save humanitario forma sin.
- Christmas call Jesus the son of God.
- They started all over the world with churches.
- It has been about 2000 years since christanity began.
- One story about this religion is David and Goliath. Nobody could defeat Goliath the giant and David asked for gods help and he helped him defeat him with a little stone.
- There are about 2 billón followers.
- Their beliefs were spread by people and churches everywhere.
- Their holy book was the Bible.
- People that worshiped him and asked him to forgive them for their sins were consideren holy.
- Churches were places of worshiping, but you dont have to go to church to be a Christian.
- It started with the birth of Buddha Siddhartha Gautama.
- So it was started by Siddhartha Gautama (Called Gautama Buddha)
- Buddhism is neither monotheistic or polytheistic. There is no certain God or creator.
- Gods are seen as nor animal or human, but regarded as above human. They called them devas, and believed they were all humans at one time and may become human again.
- It was believed to have originated in India.
- It spans from the 6th century BC to the present.
- One Buddhism story is How To Get Clear Water. Buddha was very thirsty and asked one of his disciples to get him some water from the lake. Every time the disciple went to get water it was muddy, so he informed the Buddha and he kept sending him back. The last time the water was completely clear so he took it to him and the Buddha said since he was kind and sent him clear water, he shall have a clear mind.
- Indian merchants began to spread Buddhism as far as they could.
- The sacred book of Buddhism is a very large book called Tripitaka.
- They didn't consider theirselves holy.
- Buddhist monasteries were at the very top, then Buddhist monks, next we're Buddhist nuns, then Buddhist lay people and at the very bottom were Buddhist pilgrims.
- Hinduism was started or founded by an institution of Seven Sages called Saptarishis.
- There is no single founder of Hinduism, for it was found as a religion.
- Hinduism isn't monotheistic or polytheistic, it's actually some of both.
- They believed in the divinity of the Vedas. They did believe in Gods.blike their God Ganish.
- Hinduism started in India.
- Hinduism has been around for 3500 years.
- One story was about how Narayana laid on a banish leaf and began to create the world.
- 1.2 billion people world wide believe in Hinduism.
- This religion was spread by merchants.
- Hinduism has more than one sacred book but one is The Vedas scripture guide.
- They had a sacred cow in Hinduism.
- Brahmin was at the top of the social structure, and Adivasi was at the bottom.