5 Reasons to choose Teak Shingles for your roof Remodeling project
Roof remodeling can be a daunting task, especially with the cost associated with it. When you are investing in something that’s part of house remodeling, you need to have the best materials at your disposal. If you are looking for a roofing material that is both in your budget and will last for a long time, teak shingles can be your best choice.
Teak woods are also used for making furniture as well. Most of the homeowners do prefer asphalt shingles because of its cost effectiveness. But, they are not natural like the teak shingles. Teak is a tropical hardwood tree, teak (tectona) and comes from the mint family called Lamiaceae.
If you are a homeowner and confused about which shingles to choose, then here are five important benefits of teak that will help you decide.
- · Teak Is Natural And Beautiful: Teak is a natural wood and has a certain raw beauty about it. If you are a kind of a person who loves nature, then teak shingles will make a perfect addition to your roof. The natural color of teak varies from rich amber to weathered silvery gray as the time passes by. Without making an effort, you can give different looks to your roof. Its natural color has the tendency to change, but that doesn’t make it any less strong.
- · Its Strong and Weather Proof: Teak Shingles are exceptionally strong and can withstand hard climatic conditions. If you live in a region where storms and cyclones are frequent, then teak is a natural wood that will stand strong in the worst of weather conditions. Teak naturally contains high amount of Silica, which gives it a unique ability to withstand the elements. It is also fire resistant and will keep you safe.
- · Low Maintenance: Unlike other roofing materials, teaks don’t need any preservatives or paints or varnish to maintain its sheen. Once you install it on your roof, they would hardly need any maintenance service except dusting and cleaning. If you want a roofing solution that is also easy on your pocket, then teak shingles are your best option.
- · Rust and rot proof: Unlike the other natural woods, teak shingles are rust and rot proof. Teak can last for a lifetime and yet you may not find any rot, fungi or mildew on it. It’s being naturals; it will always look strong and beautiful.
- ·Flexible: Teak wood can also be molded into any design that you want. Today, there are so many modern roof designs that need different shapes, such as the Dragon's Tooth profile. No matter what roof style you want, teaks can easily be cut according to your preferences.
When renovating roofs, homeowners look for materials that will last longer and save their investment. Teak shingles are made from natural woods and are worth your money. Just one time installation will last for a life time. Being natural, teaks are also eco friendly and renewable.
For more information on teak shingles visit http://goo.gl/aAECt1