River Ridge Competition - Saturday, March 26th
E-mail sent on 3/24/16
Good Afternoon Everyone!
We will have rehearsal this week on Wednesday, March 23 and March 24 from 5-8 p.m.
Our next competition is this Saturday, March 26th, at River Ridge HS. Visit the website for competition details, map and schedules: http://www.sapaonline.net/events/132 . The cost for spectators to view the show is $9 per person. Thank you to Brooke's mom and brother who offered to assist with the floor on and off the performance area this Saturday. We probably could still use some more assistance in case the unit that Pierre has coordinated with is unable to assist us,
The students will be wearing their performance costumes on Saturday along with show hair and makeup. Students need to wear body tight and appropriate undergarments under their costume. Also, students will need black flip flops to walk to performance and after performance.
Below is the schedule for the day:
8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. - rehearsal at Barber Middle School
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – snack/load the floor/hair and makeup
1:00 p.m. – depart for River Ridge HS
2:30 p.m. – unload/check-in
3:12 p.m. – equipment warm-up
3:38 p.m. – SHOWTIME!!!!
Students will be able to buy concessions and watch other units perform prior to retreat (awards)
8:50 p.m. – retreat (presentation of awards for each class)
9:15 p.m. – depart and return to Barber (around 10:00 p.m.) to unload floor and go home
- Make sure your student has ALL equipment, makeup, gloves (if needed), clothes and money to eat from concessions that will be available for purchase after their performance.
- Make sure that your student has a ride to and from the competition if you are not attending. Remember, per Cobb County policy, students cannot drive themselves to any competition.
- Have your students communicate with me on Thursday night if they need a ride on Saturday or if they are riding with their parent/guardian to the competition.
- PLEASE TEXT MRS. COX AT 404-401-4298 IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ASSIST THIS WEEKEND WITH TRANSPORTING STUDENTS TO AND FROM THE COMPETITION AT RIVER RIDGE HIGH SCHOOL BY THURSDAY, MARCH 24TH AT 7 PM.
- Please be prompt picking up your student at Barber Middle School after the competition.
- Bring a good, solid, healthy lunch/heavy snack for practice. We will not be able to eat again until after the performance.
- All students must return to Barber Middle School to help unload the floor--this is mandatory.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Sheryl, Pierre, and Stephanie