5th Grade News!
- Please make sure that your child is dressed for colder weather during recess. We will go outside if the windchill is 38 degrees or higher. If windchill is 37 degrees or lower, we will have indoor recess.
- If your child would like to bring his or her own headphones to use with the computers, that is perfectly fine. However, they will be responsible for them.
Please follow the link at the end of this email and submit the RSVP form if you are planning to attend the Classroom Valentine Parties at Norris on Friday, February 12th at 1:45 pm.
- The DEADLINE to RSVP for the Class Valentine Parties is WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10th at 3:00 pm. If you miss the deadline and still wish to attend the parties, you will be asked to sign in at the front office. This process is more time consuming and there will be a long line. Photo ID required!
- Please fill out the form only AFTER your ID (Driver's License) has been scanned in the front office. Feel free to come into the office to scan your license before the deadline to submit the form. Each visitor planning to attend needs to submit a form.
Please contact the school if you have any questions at 469-633-4075. We look forward to seeing you there!
RSVP Form: http://goo.gl/forms/e9VV4QhzbE.
KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS RAFFLE
WIN a night at the MOVIES!
1. Ensure your family and friends have linked their Kroger Plus cards to NORRIS ELEMENTARY PTA (https://www.kroger.com/communityrewards).
2. Shop at Kroger and use your Kroger Plus card.
3. Make a “raffle ticket” by tearing off the bottom of your Kroger receipts showing:
2015-2016 Kroger Community Rewards
You are contributing to
NORRIS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PTA
4. Clearly write your first and last name, your grade and your teacher’s name on the “raffle ticket” in CAPITAL LETTERS.
5. Drop your “raffle ticket” in the raffle box in the school office.
Raffle tickets will be accepted from January 15, 2016 through February 29, 2016. The drawing will take place on March 1, 2016.
We are halfway through Cluster 3: Decimals and Fractions. We will wrap up dividing decimals, and will begin adding and subtracting Fractions this week. Students will take an assessment based on what we have covered so far this cluster. This assessment will be a great tool to go over when students are looking to prepare for the CBA on March 3rd or 4th (Date is still TBD)
Homework: Dividing Decimal problems Due Friday
*Note* Ms. Conn will be out of the Classroom on Monday, February 8th, and Tuesday, February 9th.
FISD Cluster 3 Parent Letter:
FISD Cluster 3 Guide to Digging Deeper:
Homework: Study Spelling Words
This week we will have our CBA over the water cycle, weather and climate, Earth's rotation, and the characteristics of the Sun, Earth, and Moon on Tuesday. On Friday, we will start our first organisms and environments unit with learning about how organisms live and survive in their ecosystem.
This week in Reading we will take a STAAR Simulation (practice test) on Thursday, February 11th. Your child will have 4 hours to work on his/her assessment. The results will be used only to drive instruction within Reader's Workshop in the coming months. Please no visitors on these days, as we are modeling what it will be like on our actual STAAR testing days.
HOMEWORK: Read "Happy Birthday Crosswords" (passed out in class on Monday) and use your coding strategy to track your thinking as you read. Then, answer the questions. Due Friday!
Words to Know
- Please let your child's teacher know if they will be going home with another student or going home another way (ex. carpool - walker)
- We do have pencils on hand for students when they don't have one, but they are dwindling away quickly! Please help remind your student to be prepared with supplies when they come to class.