Hall Closing Information
Hall Closing Information
Residents who are unable to leave may complete a Stay Late form, but permission is granted only if:
- the student or sibling of the student is graduating (you cannot stay for a friend’s graduation)
- the student is in band or choir
- the student is assisting campus ministry with baccalaureate
- the student is directly involved with the commencement ceremony
- the student is a member of a team with an upcoming competition
- the student is in a Loras theater production
- the student is a dining service employee
- the student is moving to summer housing
These forms are online at: http://inside.loras.edu/StudentDevelopment/ResidenceLife/Lists/End%20of%20the%20Year%20Stay%20Late/overview.aspx and must be submitted by May 15, 2015. Each student is allowed to submit the request form only once. Once you submit your request form, you will need to contact your Area Coordinator directly if you need to make a change to your information. Please be sure to include all dates you will be remaining on campus – from the date of your departure to the date of your return – so that your access fob can be programmed for your stay. Break/Closing policies and procedures will be emailed to all students approved to stay over break.
Finals Week Quiet Hours!
Friday, May 15th, 12am
Preparing for Checkout!
All residents need to sign up for a checkout time no later than 6:00 pm on Saturday, May 16. Failure to do so may result in a fine of $25 per day. The bulletin board to sign up for a checkout time will be ready by Monday, May 11th .
Residents should complete the all required tasks prior to checking out of their room. Please remember that you may be fined for improper checkout if you fail to complete items on this list. Residents should:
- Remove all belongings from room and hall
- Sweep and mop floor (including under bed), and clean hallway outside of room
- Remove all stickers, sticky tack, tape, from all college property
- Clean both sides of the door, sink, mirror, and medicine cabinet
- Move all furniture to original position (unstack dressers, pull beds away from walls, leave drawers open, etc.)
- Dust everything
- Throw all garbage in dumpster or designated areas
- Close and lock windows, close blinds, and shut off lights
- Return all keys to staff members/health center
- Complete all paperwork
Cleaning supplies are located in each of the housekeeping closets for residents to clean their rooms properly.