BCES News You Can Use
February Newsletter 2023
What's Happening This Month:
February is also the time when we realize the end of the year will be here before we know it. As our students prep for testing and get excited about moving to the next level, remember that little progress each day adds to big results! We believe in our students and will support them through every journey. We can all help make a difference. As a parent, keep your child energized at home and take all opportunities to provide brain boosters that keep your child academically fresh!
DATES TO REMEMBER
- February 1st- March 29th- SPRING TUTORING STARTS
- Feb. 6th-10th- Order your candy grams for $1.00. They will be delivered on Valentine's Day!
- February 9th- Kona Ice Day
- February 9th- Spring Picture Orders Due- Pictures Must Be Prepaid Today!
- February 10th- Spring Pictures Will Be Taken
- February 20th- 22nd- Student Holidays-Winter Break
- February 22nd- Teacher Professional Learning Day/ Student Holiday
- February 23rd- Students Return To School/PTO Meeting 6:00 p.m./Academic Night
- March 6th- 10th- Book Fair
- March 14th- Dine To Donate- Dine at Texas Roadhouse in Pooler from 3:00-8:30 and 10% of your bill is donated to the school. Please share this on your personal social media.
- March 15th- Career Day
- March 30th- PTO Meeting
Breakfast and Lunch are not free this year. Please complete the free and reduced lunch application using this link.
Breakfast- $2.25 for students
Lunch- $3.25 for students
Lunch- $4.25 for adults
Helping Students At Home
Title I Family Engagement Survey
Why Is Early Intervention Important?
Why Is Early Intervention Important? Early Intervention provides support, resources, and services to young children diagnosed with, suspected of having, or being at risk of developmental delays. If you have concerns, please talk to your child's pediatrician. You can also contact Bryan County School's early intervention program and ask to have your little one evaluated to see if he/she has a developmental delay or disability.
Do you have a small child at home? Click on the link below to learn about the developmental milestones to look for in ages 2 months- 5 years. https://development.decal.ga.gov/#/
Get In Touch With Us To Learn More. Paulette Hodges Smith 912-851-4014
Pre-K Registration: 2023-2024 School Year
February 28th- Pre-K Registration Ends
Week of March 13th- Pre-K Lottery Drawing
March 15th- Pre-K Lottery Results Posted
If your child is at daycare, Head Start, or at home, please make sure you visit the www.bryan.k12.ga.us/page/pre-kindergarten website to start the registration process. Head Start students are NOT automatically registered.
A child registering for Pre-K must be four years old on or before September 1, 2023.
All registrations will be submitted online. Click here to get started. 2023-2024 Pre-K Registration Link.
You will need the following items to register your child for Pre-K:
- Original birth certificate copy
- Child's Social Security Card copy
- Parent/Legal Guardian Photo Identification
- Child's Immunization Record (Form 3231) and Eye, Ear, and Dental Form (Form 3300)
- Proof of Residency- Lease Agreement
- 1 of the following- Current homeowner's insurance policy, Utility Bill within the last 30 days, current vehicle registration, mortgage/lease payment, or most recent income tax return. These items must reflect the current address and match the proof of residency lease agreement.
There are two approved methods for making transportation changes:
1. Send a note to the teacher. Include the address to go to, date, and parent's signature.
- Young students often forget to give notes to the teacher, so it is strongly recommended that you follow up with a call to the office (912-626-5033) to make sure we received the note.
2. Send a text message to 912-292-9315. Please include the student’s full name and the new address they need to go to.
- Texts must come from a phone number you have registered with the school.
All messages must be received by 2:00 at the latest.
- Messages will be checked at 2:00 and you will receive a response from the school between 2:05-2:30.
- This number is not a working telephone number and therefore does not receive phone calls. It only receives text messages.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IF YOU ARE GOING TO SIGN YOUR CHILD OUT EARLY, YOU MUST BE AT SCHOOL BEFORE 2:30. IF NOT, YOU WILL HAVE TO UTILIZE THE CAR RIDER LINE.
Order Your Yearbook Today
Lost and Found:
Thank you for your feedback!
Bryan County Elementary School
School Hours: 8:00-3:00