January 13, 2014
From the Principal...
Below are some vocabulary terms to think about from chapters 1 and 2. Review the vocabulary terms for all students. As you discuss, these sentences with your child, 3rd and 4th grade should recognize these sentences as complex sentences. This is a new skill for 3rd grade and a review for 4th grade students. What a great extension for learning at home.
- When he came to the gate of the neat little bungalow at 432 Proudfoot Avenue, he turned in. (a low house, with a broad front porch, having either no upper floor or upper rooms set in the roof)
- Mrs. Popper picked up her mending, while Mr. Popper collected his pipe, his book, and his globe. (things to be repaired by sewing or darning)
- As he put on his spectacles, he was quite pleased at the prospect of a whole winter of reading travel books, with no work to interrupt him. (another term for glasses)
Mr. Popper's Penguins
- After you finish each chapter, complete the coupons sent home with your child and turn them into Ms. Wilson in the library.
- Your family's penguin will be placed on the "Penguin Plunge" wall. It will be moved down towards the final "Penguin Plunge" after each chapter is read together.
- Coupons will also be placed in a drawing. Every Friday your family has a chance to win special prizes.
Please wash them out and send them to your child's teacher or to the office.
We need over 450! Drink milk, it does the body good!
The After School "Benchmark Bash" tutoring sessions will be every Monday and Wednesday from 3:30 to 4:30.
Our first session will be Wednesday, January 15th from 3:30 to 4:30.
Pick-up will be in the FRONT car loading area at 4:30.
If you have any questions about the After School "Benchmark Bash" tutoring sessions, please call Mrs. Bridges at 501-743-3567 or email at email@example.com
Sessions will be held on:
Please mark your claendar.
Jan. 15, 20, 22, 27, 29
Feb. 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26
March 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19