Thursday, Oct. 14, 2021
It took us long enough, but we today debut a new way to make our 'Humans of Manchester' features available in multiple languages. We've posted the past four subjects (Crystal included) and will continue to build this new site going forward. Click here and then use the translation tool to read features in any of dozens of languages
Tonight's BoE Meeting Canceled
Virtual Job Interviews Today
- Here's the latest newsletter from Manchester Adult and Continuing Education. Also congrats to Chloe, who won the department's #MuttsonMain photo contest that leads into the Inaugural Bark in the Park event October 23rd at 1 p.m. in Center Memorial Park.
- COVID cases are tracked on the district website, which also has the latest on what's being done to keep students and staff safe.
Parks and Facilities Master Plan
Second To None
The Week Ahead
Thursday, Oct. 14
7 p.m. -- The BoE Meeting at Lincoln Center as been postponed.
Friday, Oct. 15
5:30 p.m. -- Manchester Land Trust Dinner at Manchester Country Club
5 -8 p.m. -- A Fashion Soiree at Northwest Park
6:30 - 7:30 p.m. -- Yoga for Food at the Community Y.
Saturday, Oct. 16
8 a.m. - noon -- MACC Manchester Farmers Market at Forest St. parking lot.
9 a.m -- Daycare provider First Aid and Heart Saver CPR Hybrid at 75 Center St. (also, Nov. 13 and Dec. 11.)
Sunday Oct. 17
12:30 p.m. -- Manchester Community CROP Hunger Walk, Wapping Community Church, 1790 Ellington Rd. South Windsor.
6 p.m. -- Coming to American in the 21st Century at North United Methodist Church, 300 Parker St.
Monday, Oct. 18
Tuesday, Oct. 19
5-7 p.m. Fall Festival at Northwest Park - continues Thursday and Friday.
11 a.m. - noon -- Free ECHN Diabetes Prevention Program at Senior Center, 549 East Middle Tpke.
3 p.m. -- Tween Code Club at Mary Cheney Library.
6:30 p.m. -- Grief Share at Manchester Church of Christ, 595 Tolland Tpke.
Wednesday, Oct. 20
3:30 - 5 p.m. -- Ask a Question, Save a Life at Manchester Community College, 60 Bidwell St.
6 - 8 p.m. -- Teen pumpkin painting for teens in grades 6 thru 12 at Mary Cheney Library.
Also of Note
- Positivity Project signs keep popping up around town and you could have one on your lawn, too. They're free and all you have to do is agree to keep it up through at least Thanksgiving day. Signs can be ordered at www.manchesterwomensclub.org .
- The Elks have an essay contest asking students what it means to love your country. Click for details.
- WORK_SPACE has a bunch of fun stuff going on in October and beyond.
- Click here for the latest Manchester Matters.
The latest Manchester Historical Society newsletter has clips from a 1936 Manchester Herald.
The town is offering a special deal on compost bins and rain barrels. Click for info.
- The leaf collection program begins Nov. 8. Click here for more information.
- Also of interest: Youth and Police / Paint Party / Hot Fingers / Teen Center
What A Catch!
- Manchester Knights Travel Basketball tryouts start next week and the information is here.
- Manchester Travel Basketball is for boys and girls in grades 5-8 and tryouts and evaluation sessions start tomorrow. Click here for all the details.
- Waddell Elementary is open for adult rec hoops starting next week, too.