September 9, 2016
What Happened This Week?
- First name
- Last name
- Birth month
- City they live in
- Parent names
- Sibling names
- Science - Fingerprinting! We have been looking at our finger prints as well as our friends and then discussing what we see that is the same and different. We talked about how everyone in the world has different fingerprints and no one's is exactly the same.
- Dramatic Play - We had our very own class phone book and the students used the phones in dramatic play to practice dialing their phone numbers!
- Library - We had our white board along with first/last names and magnetic letters.
- Small Group - We have been working on learning/practicing our personal ID information through games and songs.
- Writing - Students have been tracing their first and last names.
Moving and Grooving
This week in Movin’ and Groovin’ we played Farmer in the Dell to reinforce family units. We practiced moving and freezing, making choices, and staying in line. We also sang head, shoulders, knees, and toes to reinforce our body parts. The kids sang fast and slow to work on regulation. The kids also practiced spelling their names with clapping their names.
Cooking and Conversation
What's Coming Up?
- Building material (siding, bricks, wood, etc)
- Windows (how many, location, shape)
- Doors (how many, location, shape)
- How many stories (predict)
- Backyard/front yard (trying to predict who might live in this home)
We will also look at the interior of each home:
- What rooms are in the home
- Functions of the room
- Location of the rooms
Students will be comparing and contrasting the different homes based on their exterior and interior characteristics.
We Need Your Help!
- The exterior of your home
- A picture of an interior room in your home (living room ,kitchen, kid's bedroom, etc).
10/3 - No School
10/12 - No School
10/19 - Parent-Teacher Conferences
10/20 - Half-day AM attends
10/21 - No School
Thank you to our mystery explorer this week: Sung Kim!! We loved having you come in and read with us today :)
Here is our mystery explorer schedule for the rest of September:
30th: Jayme Levin
Mystery explorer will be from 10:45-11:00 a.m.
We look forward to seeing you! Shhhhhhhhh! Remember it's a surprise!