Craddock's Weekly Update
For the Week of October 10, 2022
Mrs. Menta's Message
This week absolutely flew by here at Craddock! It was five, jam-packed days of learning and fun! We also continued to follow the expectations and contribute pom poms to our school-wide bucket! Check out how close we are to filling it up AGAIN! I am so proud of our students!
As a follow up to our Cruisin' Craddock event a week ago, not only did our families raise over $8,000.00, but the students walked/ran 5, 081 laps all together! WOW! They were so proud of their achievements and all seemed to treasure the lap card that tracked their hard work. We have one second grader named Lily who raised $300.00, so she will get to pie me in the face sometime soon! Way to go Lily!
Fall Conferences and our Fall Festival are coming soon! Please read below to find out more information on both of these events! We are very excited for both! In addition, it's "No Name-Calling Week" this week, which we will celebrate as a school with spirit days. Please see the flyer below to be prepared!
Have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy the beautiful, fall weather and go Indians, Bucks and Browns!
216-849-2552 (cell) Feel free to call or text this number.
Fall Festival Information, Monday, 10/31/22
- Students will be asked to wear their costume to school all day long if they choose to dress up. Please be advised that it needs to be functional and school safe. No weapons or full face coverings can accompany the costume.
- If the weather cooperates, we will parade outside and invite all families to spectate from outside. I will include a map of our parade route in this newsletter closer to the actual date. If it rains, the students will parade inside the school, but we will not invite families in. There won't be enough space.
- We are working with our PTO head room parents to plan fun games or activities. Each classroom will be allotted three volunteers to help support the celebration's activities. All visitors will be checked in and no other siblings or guests will be permitted to attend. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- The PTO will supply an individually wrapped, safe snack that I will communicate with you very shortly. I will share the nutritional information as well as the ingredient list.
We are getting so close to filling our Craddock bucket AGAIN!
Craddock's Nurse, Mrs. Courtad
Mrs. Courtad will be starting vision and hearing screenings on all of our 1st grade students in the month of October. If you have any questions about the screenings or if you would prefer your child is not screened, please contact her directly using the information below.
Mrs. Courtad plays a HUGE part in ensuring all of our students and staff are safe and well taken care of while at Craddock each day. If you ever have any questions or comments for her, please don't hesitate to call her directly at 330-954-2147 or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Conference Letter
Car Rider Protocol - IMPORTANT!
Students can be dropped off at 8:40 a.m. at the earliest! Please do not allow them to exit your car until that time, as there is no staff to monitor them. Pick up will begin promptly at 3:10 each day. If everyone knows the system and cooperates, we will have all students in cars in 15-20 minutes.
Here are some things I need all car rider families to do, which will help immensely.
- Please do not use Willard to line up for drop off or pick up. We are working with the police to get it blocked off, but in the meantime, please avoid it. Enter Hurd Road off of New Hudson and begin lining up there. Please see the map below for guidance.
- Parents are not permitted to get out of their car when dropping off or picking up their child(ren). It is one of the main reasons the flow of traffic slows down. If you need to do that, you must pull into a marked parking spot. Again, we ask you don't do it at all. We have plenty of staff available to help your child in or out safely.
- All students must exit their car on the passenger side of the vehicle. We understand this can be tricky with child locks and car seats, but it is in the best interest of all our car riders to have it be this way. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- We are not permitting people to turn left into the school from Hurd Road. You will be asked to continue down Hurd, turn around and join the end of the line.
- We ask that you please respect the guidelines we have set up and follow them consistently. Everyone involved in the car rider process, staff and parents, thank you!
If at any time, you wish to change your child's mode of transportation for one or more days, you must fill out the Google form attached. We are no longer able to accept notes, phone calls and/or emails to do this, outside of emergencies. Thank you!
An Update from Our Superintendent, Mr. Roberto
Click the button below to view the latest Aurora City Schools update from Mr. Roberto.
PDF Transcript Link
Aurora City School District Report Card from ODE
Thanks for taking the time to review this message. Take care and GO GREENMEN!
A Message from Our School Counselor, Mrs. Ambrosia!
Greetings Craddock Families!
Part of my role as a school counselor is to connect families with community resources. Clothing Crusade is a non-profit organization based out of Hope Community Church. At no cost, they hold clothing distributions on the fourth Saturday of each month where families can shop for items that they need. In addition, families with specific needs can connect with Clothing Crusade at any time to arrange for clothing. Hope Community Church is located at 3033 Middleton Rd. in Hudson. Their next distributions are once monthly or every fourth week of the month. Additional information can be found here: Clothing Crusade - Home | Facebook
Aurora City Schools also partners with several community organizations, including our very own PTO, to connect with families in need of community resources, food, clothing, funds for book fairs or holiday shops, and assistance with holiday gifting or celebrations. This form can be completed when a need arises. As always, please contact me at any time for more information.
Mrs. Lindsey Ambrosia
330.562.6199, ext. 5414
330.562.3174, ext. 1260
Mark Your Calendar
Tuesday, 10/11 - Moebius Field Trip for Janko and Burton for Wilk, Leko and Julien
Wednesday, 10/12 - Moebius Field Trip for Heffernan and Williams
Thursday, 10/13 - Picture Retake Day
Monday, 10/31 - Fall Festival Parade and Party
Tuesday, 11/08 - Fall Conferences - Night One
Thursday, 11/10 - Fall Conferences - Night Two
Friday, 11/11 - Veteran's Day Assembly
Friday, 11/18 - End of First Trimester
Important PTO Information
Click the button to find out how! You can also email email@example.com with any questions.
If you'd like to join PTO, please click the link and fill out the form.