All about how to deal with Stress
Teens get stressed out too! But why?
- Homework and school- GPA, Tests, College, Ect.
- Parents and Family- Expectations, Pressure To Do Well, Not Achieving/ Blowing it
- Social Lives- Friends, Boyfriends/ Girlfriends, Try outs, Extracurricular
- TIME MANAGEMENT- No Time, Deadlines, Keeping up, Lack of Sleep, Doing too many things at once, Too Much Going on
- Sports- Soccer, Softball, Baseball, Wrestling, Field Hockey, Ect.
- MONEY- Not having enough, Feel like you're always asking parents for it
10 Positive Ways to Manage Stress
- Listening to Music- Listening to soothing music you enjoy or nature sounds.
- Call a Friend- When feeling overwhelmed, call a friend and ask for advice or just vent to them.
- Talk Yourself Through it- Tell yourself everything will be OKAY, You can do this!
- Eat Healthy! Don't eat sugar or fatty junk foods! Pack fruits and vegetables to stress eat instead of sugary foods.
- Laugh it off- Laughter releases endorphins that improve mood and decrease levels of the stress-causing hormones cortisol and adrenaline.
- Try Tea- Try drinking a green tea instead of a drink with increased levels of caffeine. It has an amino acid that will have a soothing effect on the nervous system.
- Be Mindful- Try meditating, yoga, pilates, or tai chi.
- Exercise- Take a short walk around the office or just stand up and stretch for a few minutes.
- Get More Sleep- Lack of sleep is a key cause of stress.
- Breathe Easy- Go outside and get some fresh air!
Statistics on Teen Stress
- Nearly 1 in 5, 18% of teens report not getting enough sleep cause them to be stressed out more than if they get the proper amount of sleep.
- 36% of teens report feeling extremely tired in the past month because of being stressed out.
- 23% of teens reported skipping meals in the past month due to stress.
- 20% of teens report exercising less than once a week or not at all due to stress.