LMS Weekly Reminder
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
National Young Readers Week- November 10-14
The main event of the week is the NYRW Principal Challenge. Nearly 1,000 principals have already registered and there's still time to convince yours to sign up! Those principals who commit to read their heart out from bell to bell one day next week will be eligible for a chance to win 101 copies of the ninth book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. The Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul, which would be perfect for the school library. Register now!
Dates to Remember
- Nov. 17- TitleWish District Kick Off
- Nov. 16-22 is American Education Week- Click Here to let me know what your school is planning to celebrate.
- Nov. 19- Middle School Media & Tech. PLC 2:00-4:00 /Wash. St. Rm 300
- Nov.19- High School Media & Tech. PLC 4:00-6:00/Wash. St. Rm 300
- Nov. 20- Elementary Media & Tech. PLC 2:00-4:00 Franklin Blvd. Board Room
- Nov. 20- Elementary Media & Tech. PLC 4:00-6:00 Franklin Blvd. Board Room
- Nov. 26-30 Thanksgiving Break
- Nov. 16-22 is American Education Week.
Holiday Reading Challenge Suggestions?
Do you have Discovery Ed Issues?
When contacting Pam about a login problem, please include the following:
- #1 problem: not going to the correct website. Are they going to gcsnc.discoveryeducation.com (do not add www to the front)?
- Name of person experiencing the problem as it appears in the their email.
- Description of the problem (ex: getting an error message that says…)
- Are they new to GCS? If so, have the person experiencing the problem email me their name as it appears in their email, their GCS username and password.
NetSmartz Teens Challenge
Great resource to promote positive online behavior and use during your CIPA training.
Discovery Ed Board Builder Challenge
The 100 Counties in 100 Days Board Builder Challenge is designed to assist teachers in North Carolina with transforming teaching and learning in classrooms, schools, and/or districts by offering an innovative opportunity to increase student engagement. BoardBuilder allows learners to merge their own research, writing, and content with existing Discovery Education resources to create boards about an unlimited number of topics, including North Carolina’s 100 counties!
Click on the link below for more information about this wonderful initiative.
CHECK THE UPDATED Instructional Technology and Innovation Department Course Offerings
Please remember to share information about Discovery Ed and the Instructional Technology department trainings with your staff. There are wonderful resources that every grade level and department should be taking advantage of.
- Click here for a full list of the UPDATED classes and more details.
REMEMBER: Please share this information with your staff.
CLICK HERE to access their newsletter.
NCTies Conference 2015 Registration Open!
We are excited to announce that conference registration is now open. This year's conference theme, Make IT Personal, combines the the ideas of personalized learning with maker spaces, bringing together ideas for engaging all learners. You won't want to miss our keynote speaker Kevin Honeycutt on Thursday morning along with several other featured speakers and new additions to the conference schedule. It's gonna be awesome! For more information and to register for Conference 2015 visit our website.
Call for Proposals!
- The deadline for conference proposals is November 7. Your sessions are what makes NCTIES such an awesome conference! If accepted, the first two presenters for each session receive complimentary conference registration.
- Do you have an exciting project that your students are working on this year? If so, we encourage you to submit a proposal for the Student Technology Showcase. Deadline for submissions is Nov. 30.
- Each year NCTIES recognizes individuals who have shown outstanding achievement and leadership in implementing technology to improve education. For details on how to nominate an educator who you feel is deserving visit our website.
- Do you have a great idea for a technology project but don't have the money needed to see this project come to fruition? Each year NCTIES offers three (3) $3000.00 grants that will be awarded for innovative, student-involved projects which effectively use technology. For more information visit our website.
- NCTIES is proud to offer two $2,000 scholarship opportunities. One will be awarded to a student pursuing a graduate degree/certification in Instructional Technology; the other to a student pursuing a graduate degree/certification in School Library Media. For more information on how to apply visit our website.
Today's Tech Tutortial- Kahoot!
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)209-4439
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.