Keeping Coaches in the KNOW
February 12, 2016
Building capacity in ourselves and others to positively impact student achievement
We are a professional learning community ensuring high levels of continuous learning for ALL
- 3rd Grade Professional Learning will be held on Friday, February 19, 2016. Please have teachers that are attending sign up on Eduphoria Workshop. Times for the professional learning are: 7:30 to 8:30 am; 12:00 to 1:00 pm; and 3:00 to 4:00 pm. They will also have the option to watch the recorded version the next week if those times don't work. Please let us know what time they will be participating by completing the following Google Form per team by next Wednesday.
- 1st Grade Professional Learning will be held on Thursday, February 25, 2016. This session will be held from 3:00 to 4:00pm. Please advise all teachers attending to register on Eduphoria Workshop for credit.
- 2nd Grade Math CBA 3-please make sure the team refers to the note posted on Forethought in window under CBA.
4th Grade Writing CompositionsPlease complete the following survey to help us understand how campuses are using the fourth grade writing compositions from the STAAR assessment. Thank you!
Click here to access the survey. Please have this completed by Wednesday, Feb. 17th.
ELAR Professional Learning
- Kindergarten - April 1, 2016
- First Grade - March 25, 2016
- Second Grade - March 18, 2016
- Third Grade - February 26, 2016
- Fourth Grade - February 19, 2016
We will celebrate the successes teachers have had with implementing the ELAR cluster pre-assessments and the utilization of that data in developing common formative assessments. Teachers will need to bring (1) an example of how they have used the ELAR cluster pre-assessments to create CFAs and (2) a technology device. Please assist and support teachers as needed.
It's that "time of year" when teachers are spending a great deal of time analyzing assessment items and students' level of work to determine mastery. Why not make it even more intentional! View this short Lead4Ward video to learn more!