October 17, 2016
- Thank you to all who helped with this year's Trunk R Treat! We had a tremendous turnout and couldn't have done it without the support. Great work, Anna! Thank you for your commitment to making these years memorable.
- This Wednesday is international Unity Day. Encourage students to wear orange to show they stand together against bullying and are united for kindness, acceptance, and inclusion.
- Lockdown Considerations: For those in computer labs or library, consider taking cover in OT/PT office, Katie or Ariel's office, or the AV storage area.
- Remember, doors should remain in ready-lock position at all times and classroom doors should be closed and locked when unattended.
- Just a reminder, central staff members will be sitting alongside building administrators during some observations to ensure consistency throughout the district. The intent is to discuss our individual reflections on the framework. Central staff members will not be evaluation teachers, but will provide feedback to calibrate our work.
- Many of you have been innovative in designing morning learning opportunities, making creative use of the time you are taking attendance and students are eating breakfast. Remember, instruction begins at 8:45 a.m.
- This Tuesday is our first Title One event of the year. Kindergarten and first grade parents have been invited to have lunch with their children and learn about reading resources. The event will take place in the gym.
- PLC this week: please take time to review your NWEA reading results and look for achievement patterns. Be ready to use PLC time this week to set achievement goals for your grade level, classroom, and to support students in creating individual goals. Consider how you can use this information for a data cycle. Determine students whose RIT scores in reading are above, at, and below the grade level mean.
- Please remind students of indoor recess expectations.
- Plan to display your students' district writing prompt in your classroom or hallway.
- Make sure students are appropriately supervised beginning at 8:35 a.m. Work with colleagues in your hallway to determine how you will facilitate supervision and put a copy of your rotation schedule in the mailbox outside my office this week.
- Please plan to track a Plus/Delta within your classroom and include this data on a classroom data wall.
- If you haven't already, please establish a "safe place" within your classroom, and teach students how to use it. Also, establish a partner classroom where students can go to refocus and reflect if they are unable to self-monitor within your classroom.
- Staff Notes are essential reading. They contain deadlines and time-sensitive information.
- Follow the link below to Read and Respond to this week's prompt. It's an easy one; let's get 100% involvement!
- Jen, Alicia, Kathryn, and Marcia out
- 8:20 Morning Huddle :)
- 4:00 EL Extended Day deliver students to Krista Schroeder's classroom
- Happy Birthday, Gwen!
- SIP Visit (CIA classroom visits in a.m.)
- 12:30 - 1:15 Lunch & Learn (K & 1st)
- Unity Day - wear orange to stand against bullying
- Sarah and Lindsey out
- 4:10 Blessings in a Backpack packing
- 4:30 Data Leader meeting
- 3:00 PLC - NWEA work
- 4:00 Staff Meeting
- Happy Birthday, Katie!
- 1/2 Day
- Lily out
- 9:10 Community Meeting
17 Data Leader Meeting
20 Staff Meeting
28 Picture Retakes
2 Buffalo Wild Wing Fundraiser
3 Staff Meeting
8 PD Day
11 End of First Marking Period - 1/2 Day
17 Staff Meeting
Benham, Markus, Graves to Friendship Circle
18 Kettering Musical
22 1/2 Day - Conferences
23 - 27 Thanksgiving Break
1 Staff Meeting