April 12, 2023
Join Us: Family Engagement Night
Thursday, April 13 at 5:30 in the Library
Quarter 4 Spectators Reminders
During our Quarter 4 sports season, we will NOT have students attend track meets unless they are with their parent. We have many things happening at home track meets and do not have extra staff to supervise students.
Students can sign up to attend home soccer games. Soccer games start at 3:30pm and will be done by 4:30pm. Students that attend home events need to have a ride home, they are not allowed to ride the late bus.
Things to know about attending the home sporting event at Buffett:
- Students will exit the building at dismissal and wait by the gate to the football field and wait to enter the event by an administrator.
- You must have your student ID. If your ID has a special whole punch, that is your activity card. If you do not have a special whole punch, you will need $1.00 to get into the event.
- Any student who serves a PAC lunch the day of a home event may NOT attend the home event.
- Any student who has SAS (after school detention) the day before CAN NOT attend the home event.
- Please sit in and remain seated in the student section of our bleachers unless you are going to the concession stand.
- You need to have a ride arranged to pick you up at 4:30pm. Students who are spectators at home events are NOT allowed to ride the late bus.
- Have fun and cheer your follow Bobcats during the game. Good sportsmanship is encouraged.
Have a great time while attending home events this Spring!
Buffett Writing Contest
- Entries must have 450-1,000 words
- May use a comic, but it must have 20-100 panels
Submit entries during National Library week: April 24th through the 28th, in the front office
Top 10 students will receive a certificate. Top 5 will receive a certificate and have their writing displayed in the Library for the month of May!
Paraprofessional Recognition Day!
Paraprofessional Appreciation Day is a special day dedicated to those who work in a classroom under a teacher’s direction. Paraprofessional Appreciation Day is April 5! These fantastic people deliver targeted support to students who may need extra help and work to maintain the classroom, keeping it running smoothly.
We so appreciate all the hard work our paraprofessionals do every day for our students and teachers!
**NOT pictured, Ms. Ballard, BSP Para
High Five Highlight
This section of the bulletin will highlight one story featuring Buffett Bobcats staying true to these values.
Metro Science Fair Awards
3 Overall Adamma Izegbunam
2 Overall Emily Gray
3 Overall Madison Landry
2 Overall Justin Deffenbacher
1 Overall Priya Kukreja
1 Overall Bria Gilmore
Top 5 Megan Keller
Top 5 Shruthi Kumar
Top 6 Emily Engel
Top 6 Josh Gryzen
Top 6 Evelyne Brown
Top 6 Cameron Rohlfsen
Top 6 Charlie McGovern
Top 6 Mackenzie Simpson
Top 6 Gabe Keith